VHO Max?

GotBoost

Sup peoples :)

This is my first post and so I should mentioned a few things. I don't actualy own a Silverado or VHO etc. My daily driver is a 03' F150 Super crew cab Harley Davidson edtion Ford...now say that 3 times fast :jester: I'm here on behalf of my friends who consit of two SS's and one VHO. They really don't get into surfing the net as much as I do and one SS owner felt you had to pay to join this site...look Vic now pay and I'm posting ;) Anyways, we're in the middle of trying to get these Chevys to keep up with the rest of us which includes my Harely and two modded Lightnings. We just love fast trucks in general and thus the mix of Ford and Chevy. This site has tons of info I'm still sorting through and will probaly start asking tons of stuff once I get through researching stuff out here. In the mean time I figured I would start off with my own personal question...

What is the difference between a VHO and a VHO Maxx? I ran one the other day and after wards me and the guy sat around talking. I asked him but it and all he knew was the VHO came with a CAI but that is all he knew.

Thanks again and maybe I can get them guys to start posting as well.

Edited by GotBoost (see edit history)

There really is no difference between a VHO and a V-max Other than you can get a V-max in 4x4 and crew cab along with the extended cab shortbed. The VHO was just rebadged, and the VHO does not come with a CAI it comes with the regular airbox that every other v-8 GM 1/2 ton truck has.

There really is no difference between a VHO and a V-max Other than you can get a V-max in 4x4 and crew cab along with the extended cab shortbed. The VHO was just rebadged, and the VHO does not come with a CAI it comes with the regular airbox that every other v-8 GM 1/2 ton truck has.

Hey thanks for the info :thumbs:

I kinda like the VHO's my self, their kind of sleepers. One of the VHO guys in the group pulled the badges off to hide the fact. Now it looks like a typical 1500 Chevy. But with a little bit of laughing gas, that 6.0L doesn't act like a typical half ton ;) Anyhow, thanks again :thumbs:

My VHO came with CAI. :wtf:

My VHO came with CAI. :wtf:

Pics please!

I'm not sure on all of them in our group but two of them came with CAI. Anyways, how can a picture prove it came with a CAI? Is the factory CAI kits marked in some way?

I'm just asking for pics because I didn't know ths and I would like to see what a factory CAI looks like.

Picture this!!!!!

All newer Silverado's are Factory equipped with an air tube that goes from the throttle body to the MAF sensor, then from the MAF sensor to an enclosed air filter box that is sealed to the fender where it draws in cold air from behind the headlight (instead of hot air from the engine compartment). GM has been utilizing CAI on its vehicles for some time now.

Some (highly modified) vehicles can benefit from an aftermarket CAI. But for a nearly stock vehicle the factory CAI is sufficient. Some stock vehicle owners have switched to an aftermarket CAI and picked up quite a bit of intake noise and have mistaken the additional noise for additional power, but when tested at the track found little or no performance increase what so ever.

Just because you remove the factory CAI and replace it with an aftermarket CAI that connects to the same throttle body, MAF sensor and fender opening doesn't mean it did not come stock with CAI. :confused:

Here is the quote I was refering to

What is the difference between a VHO and a VHO Maxx? I ran one the other day and after wards me and the guy sat around talking. I asked him but it and all he knew was the VHO came with a CAI but that is all he knew.

It was stated that the VHO came with a cold air intake... Ok you could call it that and a very choked one at that for this engine, but then again thats not the point. He had just made it seem as if the VHO had a different intake than any of the other silverados, which they do not.

I wasn't trying to start anything by that post or remark. It really doesn't matter to me, I've seen 3 of these trucks with the same kit and all 3 owners said the same thing. Now if they didn't come stock with an aftermarket kit I'm just going on what I heard. My goal was to find out what the difference is between the to above mentioned trucks which seems to be nothing but badges. I guess I'll have to look into more and maybe take some pictures.

I wasn't trying to start anything by that post or remark. It really doesn't matter to me, I've seen 3 of these trucks with the same kit and all 3 owners said the same thing. Now if they didn't come stock with an aftermarket kit I'm just going on what I heard. My goal was to find out what the difference is between the to above mentioned trucks which seems to be nothing but badges. I guess I'll have to look into more and maybe take some pictures.

You are correct and there are a few different options now as far as crew cab and 4x4 but other than that it's just badges.

Don't worry you didn't start anything it may sound like an arguement but it's not :thumbs:

GotBoost, there was definitely no problem with your question or post. Heck sometimes you may even get a good answer to your questions here. There is currently a Silverado called "Vortec Max" and there is also a Silverado called "Performance Edition", both are badged Vortec Max though. The "Vortec Max" is more of a work horse, while the "Performance Edition" is mechanically identical to the "SS". Hope that helps.

Sounds good to me.

Well, I'm not sure where all three trucks was bought from...I'm assuming ( you know what that means lol) 2 of the three was bought at or near the same dealership. The other truck I'm not sure of since he lives like a 100miles north of me. I only see him at the dyno shop or track everyonce and a while.