Found some pics of my old Monte SS (Zippy likey)

budhayes3

Been cleaning up lately, getting a room ready for when the baby comes in September :) During the cleanout, I found an old dusty photo album that looked really familiar. In it was some pics from the mid 90's when I was a tech at Leonard Toyota in River Edge, NJ. Found a bunch of pics that I took of my old Monte back in the day, and scanned them into my computer to show you guys. Man, I miss that car...I kick myself for getting rid of it every time I think about it :banghead: Maybe some day I'll build another one, but for now, at least I still have some memories...

monte5.jpg

monte4.jpg

monte3.jpg

monte2.jpg

monte1.jpg

daym that is one clean car! no burn out pix?!

Thanks man...not sure if I have any burnout pics, if I do, I haven't found em yet. BTW, the car's an 85, but the wheels are from an 87, with BFG 235/60R-15's on them (I think the factory size was 215/65R-15 or something like that)

Just a little more info on the car...I pulled the factory 305 HO (195 HP), and dropped in one of the ZZ crate motors (can't remember which one...it was the original ZZ motor, but I put the later cam and intake on it...I think it was around 345 hp). It had a feedback Quadrajet that was intended for a 454 truck, Edelbrock TES into a gutted cat, with Hooker duals that exited behind the rear tires like the Buick GN's. (people used to ask me if it was a Grand National all the time). Suspension was mostly stock with some urethane bushings on the front sway bars, KYB shocks, and eventually some Cargo Coils in the rear for a slightly stiffer ride. Trans was a 200R4 that was fine until I had it built, then it was nothing but problems. 3.73 rear. When I bought it, it only had 48k and the interior was immaculate...paint was shot (acid rain, never waxed, parked under trees) I think I had around 135k on it when I used it as a trade in towards my truck.

Edited by budhayes3 (see edit history)