2008 silverado pics

not digging the chrome in the front, but i just looked on chevy.com and it has new pics of the 08 silverado with out the chrome in the front, looks much better. they offer a new 6L like 367 horse motor, or something random like that. they have some really cool new ideas... like the rear windows on the ext cabs complelty roll down, an assisted tailgate, factory toolbox options... stuff like that

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response on this, but below is a link to the actual Powerpoint presentation that GM used during the unveiling of the new Silverado and Sierra. It is packed full of where GM stands and why they are making the changes that you have seen bits and pieces of. It also has a ton of good marketing pictures of the interior and exterior.

Warning! This is an 18 Meg file so proceed only with a high speed connection. It's worth the wait though.

GMT900 Unveiling Presentation

Below is a link to the GM Media site article on the Silverado.

GM Media Silverado Page

The new Sierra Denali is extremely sharp!

Edited by CWGrizzwold (see edit history)

Ok.. someone put that Colorado on a diet!

Man I really reaaaaaaaally am not liking what I am seeing here. I hope GM figures this out right away.

Our bodystle IMO is one of the sharpest ones to date..

I really really hope this is a bad dream

:withstupid: LMAO!!!! One fugly truck!

• 2 weeks later...

:puke:

holy crap that new silverado is dirty dirty...i am sure it will grow on me...i didn't like the new front ends on the 03s-current...

But i love them now...espically the SS...The Sierra looks like a new ford pickup...

I guess everyone has run out of ideas....

We have the OC autoshow at my work and I have been checking out the new gen Silverados. I'm not impressed. Use of plastic is way up. Hell the friggin put a 395HP LS 2 in the dang Trailblaser SS. Yeah I'm miffed :banghead: Damn soccer moms are gonna have more poneys than me dammit

• 2 weeks later...

I like how Chevy has kept the "traditional" look through the years and I think most of us on here remember the years when they went to IFS in the late 80's ... They kept that look for some time ... Maybe not in the squareish hood lines but it's easy enough to tell similarities to the trucks in 1988 ... At least in the overall body lines ...

NOW, this truck to me, the ONLY way I would embrace it is because I embrace the superior powertrain/s ... If it had been for looks and stance, GM would have lost my money a few years ago ... To me "beauty lies in the function and build quality more than the looks" ...

I saw a 2007 Chevy 4x4 this week with a 4" Lift on it, in White, and it was "cleaned" of all nameplates, etc ... It honestly, with dark windows was one of the burliest trucks I have seen and that is going to be the TICKET ... As it looks stock it looks like an over-done/busy "I hope this brings home the bacon for us at GM and pulls us out of debt truck" ...

One bad=azz thing added to the Vortecs now is VVT which IMO is a huge advantage for us, however it will send the tuning aftermarket to some serious homework ... It will be interesting to see where this VVT puts the margins for gain at ...

11H

Also, nice to see that the local Proving Ground rumor was just that a RUMOR about the new Diesels being de-tuned ... The LMM 2007.5 Duramax is actually more powerful than the LBZ ... So the scare about ULSD (Ultra low sulfur diesel) is in the past ... 11H