LT's and Bassani Update

cstchevy

Ok everyone the new exhaust is in with about 600 miles on it now. Most of them yesterday driving back to Arkansas from Oklahoma. Well I installed the Pacesetter LT's Saturday with no cats and then had the muffler shop weld in my 2.5 magnaflow x pipe into two bassani street competition mufflers(2.5 in and out) then dumped about 30 inches later. I personally love the smooth tone of the bassani with a nice roar when you get on it. I wish it was a little louder but I am going to cut the 30 inches of extra pipe after the muffler down to about 18 or 14 inches and see if that helps. These are very nice sounding mufflers and the pacesetters fit great and were very easy to install once I got the other exhaust system cut and chopped up to get out of my way. I prefer these muffelr way over the magnaflow I had(dual 2.5 in/single 3 out dumped) also prefer this over the dual 2 chambers flowmasters(2 40 series with 6 inch dumped tips off the mufflers) I did run around with open LT for a couple of days and I couldn't believe how mellow the mufflers and x pipe made this exhaust. I say anyone with LT trying to calm the noise down should try these. However if your running stock with cats still in place not sure how loud this muffler would be(probably barely over stock). Now just need a new tune and we will see how everything works.

That sounds great, glad to hear you like it. So like you had mentioned before as long as you cut right behind the cats the flanges fit pretty good?

Isn't the passenger side cat a little further back than the drivers side. If so did you have to get some scrap pipe to fit in between the flange and the rest of the exhaust??

I guess I could have done this in one reply, but what about your axygen sensors in the front, do the LT's have a bung for the front set of O2 sensors?

I know you said you have sims in the rear right so are you putting bungs in there for them also or are they just attached to the frame somewhere?

I have the Pacesetters with no cats running into 2 flowmaster 40 and exiting out the back. I think it is almost too loud. I loud the sound at idle, nice and bassy. Normal driving is ok too, but WOT, it sounds like it is farting.

I agree abou the Flowmaster, that and they sound really hollow to me. very hard to describe. But I am going back to shorten the pipe and then if that doesn't fit my fancy I will take some 12-18 inch tips and dump them under neath the truck. the sound is what I want jsut not loud enough for me. Also I cut the right below the flang hooking into the manifolds and yes the front 02 sensors screw into the Pacesetters. The back or rear 02's I didn't need so I jsut left them out and welded new pipes in from the collecter of the Headers all the way back to the X pipe and mufflers. Side note. it was a good thing I went to long tube headers because I found out one of my manifolds were cracked in half on the flang. so go figure. I will know more about he sound in the next couple of days.

it pulls really well, I have stayed out of it pretty much because I am waiting on a new tune. will have the money next week and will order it. I noticed alot of lowend tq when I was running straight headers, also up top so far pulls pretty hard. I think they were a great investment. IMO

I totally agree with the power. Pulls hard all through the power band. I have a lil baby cam in my truck, and after I put the headers on, it really woke the truck up. It also actually sounded like I had a cam in there.

PACESTTER HEADERS...2 THUMBS UP!!!

Did you get yours coated?

yeah that's what I thought, not sure how much all this is going to cost but after I get the new computer from allen then it's time to save up for the stall and cam and parts. would it be worth it to have pcmforless or someone along those lines that would save me 150-200 on a tune so I could start buy the stall sooner?

would side pipes coming out infront of the rear tire make the exhaust louder outside and or maybe quieter on the inside? thinking of doing something similar to the lightning kind of with probably 3 inch chrome tips that our slash cut and maybe rolled.

Archived