Axle shims HOW TO?

danjaimet

Hey, I just installed the Belltech shackles on my truck and was wanting to put the shims in, but I have become stumped on the proper place to install these! I searched the site and never came up with anything. I am wanting to finish this truck tomorrow. I know the big end goes to the front, but do these go in between the axle and the leafs?? Thanks for the help!!

DSC03473.jpg

DSC03471.jpg

DSC03472.jpg

these should give you some ideas.

mkae sure to cut your new bolts just enough to go through the shim and into the hole on the axle plate. you can see the bolt im speaking of in the picture below, your stock bolts should be ok if you using 2 degree shims but if your using 4 your probably going to need to cut new bolts .

DSC03470.jpg

oh thanks.... i've had two ss's and modded both of them!! so not that new but, I havn't dropped either of them yet, so havn't ever the shims before!!!

With the way everyone is talking i don't now if i want to drop it.... every kit is a peice for what i hear!!!

Edited by StevenSStruck (see edit history)

I did a 2 inch rear drop on mine and before I installed the shim, I took a fast test drive. No problems at all. I didn't even bother to install it. I have lowered 2 SS's and haven't used shims on either one. :D It has been my understanding that the thick part of the shim would go to the rear of the truck. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I did a 2 inch rear drop on mine and before I installed the shim, I took a fast test drive. No problems at all. I didn't even bother to install it. I have lowered 2 SS's and haven't used shims on either one.  :D  It has been my understanding that the thick part of the shim would go to the rear of the truck. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

they go towars the front of yhe chock look in the pics they help explain it. and when doing a 2 shackle drop you dont need to do shims.

I did a 2 inch rear drop on mine and before I installed the shim, I took a fast test drive. No problems at all. I didn't even bother to install it. I have lowered 2 SS's and haven't used shims on either one.  :D  It has been my understanding that the thick part of the shim would go to the rear of the truck. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

they go towars the front of yhe chock look in the pics they help explain it. and when doing a 2 shackle drop you dont need to do shims.

Thanks guys. I did the shackles and don't need the shims. It rides good, but I think I will trim my bumpstop! I think I am hitting them on bridge decks. Thanks for everyones help!!