PCM Tuning

whmayhew

I did a search and came up with this, I hope it helps. :D

You dont need a PCM tune for your VIN, I never gave Bryan @ pcmforless my VIN so you should be fine as long as the tune is for a SSS with a 6.0 L....

Install PCM per Mister P How To...

1) Try to start the truck(it should start but die right away)leave the key in the on position for atleast 11 minutes (the security light will remain on for 8-10 of those minutes)....

2) AFTER the 11 minutes the light should have gone out (if not thats ok), now turn the key to the off position for about 30 seconds. Now try to start the truck again and it should start and die right away, Leave key in the on position.

3) Once again w/o turning the key to the off position, Let the truck sit for 11 minutes, after 11 minutes then turn the key to the off position for 30 seconds.

4) Retry again to start truck, it will die again and follow same thing as before for the last time.

After the third time it should start right up. And then you can go test out the new beast

P.S. Make sure to turn headlights off, radio, subs, amps and any other accessories....Since this process takes 30+ minutes your battery may die if you are blasting your radio while trying to be patient

Mister P seems to know just about eveything. :D

Edited by stevebbb (see edit history)

I did a search and came up with this, I hope it helps.  :D

You dont need a PCM tune for your VIN, I never gave Bryan @ pcmforless my VIN so you should be fine as long as the tune is for a SSS with a 6.0 L....

1) Try to start the truck(it should start but die right away)leave the key in the on position for atleast 11 minutes (the security light will remain on for 8-10 of those minutes)....

2) AFTER the 11 minutes the light should have gone out (if not thats ok), now turn the key to the off position for about 30 seconds. Now try to start the truck again and it should start and die right away, Leave key in the on position.

3) Once again w/o turning the key to the off position, Let the truck sit for 11 minutes, after 11 minutes then turn the key to the off position for 30 seconds.

4) Retry again to start truck, it will die again and follow same thing as before for the last time.

After the third time it should start right up. And then you can go test out the new beast

P.S. Make sure to turn headlights off, radio, subs, amps and any other accessories....Since this process takes 30+ minutes your battery may die if you are blasting your radio while trying to be patient

Mister P seems to know just about eveything.  :D

I think that was my PCM relearn I gave montanass word for word, HERE nothing against mister P and his how-to's

I did a search and came up with this, I hope it helps.  :D

Thanks for the reply. I will try this, but it did not start and stop. It just cranked over without firing. But I will try it anyways.

Mister P seems to know just about eveything.  :D

Thanks for the help guys. I will go out now and try the relearn. Neither of these trucks is an SS. My SS was traded two years ago. Bryan will reprogram one of my computers for $175. The 2005 will fit into the 2006. I'll try the relearn before I send Bryan one of them.

Well I went through the relearn. Now I have 3 issues.

1. Reduced engine power

2. Battery not charging. (Although the guage shows over 14 volts)

3. Check engine light is on.

Any suggestions? I still have the stock computer which I can put back in. Maybe I need to send it back to Bryan to reprogram. I was just trying to save a few bucks. Also the engines are different. The 2005 is an LQ4. The 2006 (which I want to reprogram) is an 5.3

Not very safe, or smart, to try what you are doing. If it were the same year, same motor, probably no biggie. With different years and motors you're just asking for trouble anyway. Probably better that it doesn't like it very well. No telling what else may have screwed up down the road.

Ben, I still had the stock 2006 computer to put back in (which I have done). Bryan Herter had told me that the 2005 computer will work on the 2006. I just have to have him reprogram the 2005 to fit it. Thanks for the input. If there had been any major issues all I needed to do was call the dealer. It only has 2400 miles on it.

Ben, I still had the stock 2006 computer to put back in (which I have done). Bryan Herter had told me that the 2005 computer will work on the 2006. I just have to have him reprogram the 2005 to fit it. Thanks for the input. If there had been any major issues all I needed to do was call the dealer. It only has 2400 miles on it.

The PCMs themselves are physically the same (both 1MB PCM), but will almost certainly be running different operating systems. If you send it to him and he reflashes the 2005 with a 2006 OS and tunes that, then you'll be good to go.