Landspeed Spin Video

LSR Mike

Our Faithful Landspeed Videographer Mark Brazeau has compiled these little entertaining (for LSR folk anyway) little clips for the amusement of our fellow competitors, at the expense of those who belong to the Spin Club (Special Pin and Car Sticker awarded). I'm driving the 4th car in Video #1

Enjoy.......

Spin Video 1

Spin Video 2

The distant perspective of the camera almost makes it look like fun. But I am sure that has to be one of those "pants wetting" moments :eek: . It is amazing they can slide so well, rather than flipping.

:cool::cool::driving:

The distant perspective of the camera almost makes it look like fun.  But I am sure that has to be one of those "pants wetting" moments :eek: .  It is amazing they can slide so well, rather than flipping.

I was thinking more like "pants filling" moment

I'm sorry, but i have to ask... why don't they flip?

PFM, nothing but PFM ;) :D

Main reason is that the surface is hard, and somewhat slick, the dirt has a soft layer on top and on the salt, it's kind of like pebbles on a flat rock. The spin usually happens when the power exceeds the aero capability of the vehicle, notice most of them are roadsters, the others are mechanical breakage, the last one in Video #1 broke his rear axle and lost his rear wheels....

Under power, the front end hit a soft spot, the rear wheels started spinning and the back end started going around to the left, that was the end of it except for the ride...blew out a tire, dug a hole with the rim that sent me back the other way, ended up rolling out backward with the chute in front.. this is my complete spin with audio....

Full Spin Footage