take off woes

I'm new here and i have an 03 ss and I love it. But I am having problems with the tranny/awd. When I back out of my driveway in the morning and then put it in drive to take off, I have a hesitation when I give it the gas and then this big jolt when it catches and starts moving forward. I have taken to the different dealers andthey have all said it is normal :dunno: Something is definitely not right and I really don't want to replace a trans. any help would be appreciated.

I come to a complete stop before drive and the hesitation is about 1-2 seconds. The other thing is that this only happens when I come out of park. This is whether I go into reverse or not. It does not do this once i have put it in drive until I go back to park and then to drive again. And thanks for the sugg.s

Check your fluid as suggested, then maybe the linkage. If it is neither of these two things, I would say get a tune, this may have something ot do with the way TM is set-up from the factory. That is why the dealer can not find an issue. My truck did what you are saying, once I got my tune it went away. There is more of a positive feel to the tranny now as well.

I had this "slipping" happen once. I stopped at a light (in drive the entire time) and when I went to pull out, I had the 1 second hesitation. This was about 1,000 miles ago and hasn't happened since. I am going to check the fluid today though cause I just had it flushed by the dealer, maybe it's low. I thought it was odd that the truck was already in drive and did this...

This happened to me in my Tahoe Z71 I had in '01, my Avalanche Z71 I had in '02 and it has also happened to me in the Silverado SS once at a stop light, about a 1 second hesitation, as if somethign was "resetting" in the trans and then it went...rpm's flashed to well over 2k each occurence. Dealership said the same thing...normal...WTF?