B&M Supercooler 70274 installed

70274 - SuperCooler rated at 29,200 BTU 11"x11"x1-1/2"

Finally got around to moving the Radix heat exhanger down behind the front bumper (which looks awesome btw) and installing the new tranny cooler. Finding all the fittings and such to get everything to work was a PITA. Spent a good hour at Autozone digging through there fittings drawers. As for the results, well, it deffanetly works good, my tranny temps are much cooler than before. i'm very happy with how it turned out. the mounting brackets are pretty rough right now, as i was in a bind trying to find something that would work. what i ended up doing is taking the stock cooler lower bracket, cutting in in half, than using the two halfs for the top and bottom brackets for the new cooler.

P1010008Medium.jpg

P1010010Medium.jpg

P1010009Medium.jpg

just got hte same one but mounted up and down.

as for fittings youll be pissed. you could of went to home depot like i did and pay like 2.50 for both brass fittings 1/2 to 3/8 barb fitting

That looks like about what he did.

Personally don't like single barb type fittings. They work fine, however. I have pressure fitting barbed fittings. You can barely get them on and they don't require clamps.

What are your tranny temps after the cooler was installed?  I need something to check my temps against.

temps are consistant 160* now after the cooler. before, the the temps were all over the place up too 200*.

• 1 month later...