Alamo rents SS's?

Krambo

I saw that too. I also saw something really cool. There are these new car clubs starting up where you join for say $10,000 or whatever and you get so many days/weeks, depending on your points, to drive exotic cars. They had Ferrari's, Lambo's, Vette's, etc. They said rather than someone shelling out $100,000 for one of these exotic's, who probably don't use them as much as they should, like someone who lives where they get winters with a lot of snow and end up garaging them for six months, etc. There was an article in the Boston Globe last Saturday. This particular club was called Otto Club and it's in Massachusetts but they named one in Chicago and California I believe. It's not really like a rental situation. If I can find the article, I'll post it.

I was in Phoenix last week and had a rental from Alamo... when I was standing at the counter I noticed they had a pic of the TBSS... I asked the guy if I could get a Trailblazer and he said sure... I then asked if I could get an SS like in the picture:

His response - "they don't make an SS trailblazer... thats only the trucks. That picture is of a regular trailblazer"

I didn't bother correcting him b/c I was in a hurry... I got to the massive rental garage/lot (anyone whos rented a car at Sky Harbor Airport in PHX AZ knows about the rental situation) and walked the aisle of T'Blazers... not one SS.

I'm pretty sure they don't rent em... but it would be cool if they did.

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)