06 2wd vin needed

Quik

I find it easier to have a VIN # if you are looking for a specific part from a vehicle that you know has that part. Call most dealers and tell them you want a 2006 14bolt out of a half ton they will most likely tell you it's an HD not a half ton, which is wrong. Give the dealer a VIN and the part is right there infront of them no questions asked.

they dont technically need the vin , some just dont feel like going through the year model thing when they can just type a vin and look it up and be exact. its just laziness to get out of helping you!!

they dont technically need the vin , some just dont feel like going through the year model thing when they can just type a vin and look it up and be exact. its just laziness to get out of helping you!!

I think most of it is that 95% of the parts people know absolutly nothing about cars/trucks and they are stupid so if all they have to do is put in the VIN which anyone can do then it makes it easy for the dealer since they don't have to train someone about car/trucks.

The problem with the vin issue is the look-up system. The GM system does not list by vehicle. Everything is by code. a U-joint for example: to look up a universal joint for an 03' SS. I have to go to L03K which means light truck/2003/K-series. Next I find that U-Joints are in parts group 5548. I then go to group 5548 which lists the U-Joints for L03K's and there are 93 pages of U-joints. With the vin it will narrow the choices down to a page or so of options for that truck including AC Delco replacement line. How about a pinion seal??? Two full pages without a vin of coded look-up and with the vin it's front/rear. That's it, two parts. Those are just a couple examples. There is a reason the GM guys ask for a vin.