Newbie looking for some direction

Hey guys I am picking up my new SS on Thursday. I have a few questions about upgrades. Which air induction setup is the best? I also want to get a programmer. I intend to use this truck to tow my race car and my boat so which is the best? i have a Superchips tuner for my Tahoe and was pleased with it. Thanks guys

Mixed reviews on air induction kits ... the trendy pick is the new OUTLAW ... the NEW volant is standing strong also.

Mail order tunes are still the best bang for the buck. Handhelds are little kids toys. If you are going to get crazy modding ... go the logging software and tuner software so you can nail it down.

Not really a big deal deal for me I am not going road racing or anything. I thought all Silverados in the past had 4 wheel disc brakes?

All Silverado SSs for 2003 & 2004 have the 4 wheel disc brakes. I think the new rear drum deal started in 2005.

Not really a big deal deal for me I am not going road racing or anything. I thought all Silverados in the past had 4 wheel disc brakes?

All Silverado SSs for 2003 & 2004 have the 4 wheel disc brakes. I think the new rear drum deal started in 2005.

:withstupid: Sure did. As well as 2wd.

:withstupid: Sure did. As well as 2wd.

The '05 AWD models still had 4w disc.

-K-

• 2 weeks later...
The new SS is now in the driveway. I am running out of space here I have 5 cars now!

I know the feeling. I have the SS, a Explorer, a S10, a motorcycle, and my wife has a Mustang, and a Jeep. The 2 car garage and my 30X40 shop is full. :banghead:At least evrything is paid off except the SS. :dunno: