My SSS speckled with concrete!!!

CaboRob

Went out to my truck today at lunch and as i got closer i seen a haze all over it...a 12 story condo is going up right next to the lot i park in and the construction company is pumping concrete to the 7th floor.... i was told an "air bubble" in the line caused it to "burb" aliittle concrete that shot over the form and into a parking lot...well that burp rained on 25 vehicles...the concrete was dry when i got there...made a claim with my insurance carrier....took it to my dealer the body shop manager said it might need to be painted....the hood,both fenders,both doors,both sides of the bed,the roof,grill....the only part that didnt get it was the tailgate!!WTF!! He'll write it up for paint but the insurance carrier might want to detail it.They claybarred a part of the hood but there are chips where the concrete came off....I could throw up!! here's the picts...the last pict is the clay bar part...wow what a difference

post-8305-1151449367_thumb.jpg

post-8305-1151449383_thumb.jpg

post-8305-1151449416_thumb.jpg

post-8305-1151449445_thumb.jpg

post-8305-1151449481_thumb.jpg

post-8305-1151449546_thumb.jpg

post-8305-1151449658_thumb.jpg

that reminds me of those damn rock hauler that are always dropping little rocks out of the truck on to the road and causing damage to peoples cars.

You are totally right. A couple of years back there was a truck dumping tons of rocks all over the highway and a highway trooper was behind him. Well, the truck went over a bump and unloaded tons of rocks on this trooper!!!! He pulled the truck over and i bet he gave him a hell of a ticket.

Hope the insurance company takes care of things. :flag:

thanks everyone...i hope so too...there wer 24 other cars that got it too!!!this lady was there crying about her 05 celica convertable...red w/ black soft top....actully it was red w/gray polka dots...

HOLY concrete batman!  hope things work out, let us know the damage $$.

:crackup: You're not right. :P

Sorry to hear that man. I am now going to stop bitching about all of the tree sap I got on my truck today.

:withstupid: Next time I go downstairs to find sawdust all over my truck, from the guys workin on the house, I won't throw bithc fit. :)

Hope everything works out for you.

wow... I'd be royally pissed... Hopefully you get everything worked out... If the truck has to be re-painted that would be such a pain in the ass... I'd be looking for the best paint shop in the area, and getting quotes from them... Good luck :thumbs:

Thats worse than what happened to my truck. Was out at the farm this spring helping out with seeding, get home around midnight, have a shower, check my email......and all of a sudden hear a horn honk, go to check whats going on and there is a truck spinning doughnuts all but 15 feet from my truck. Just like any other farm it has that stuff you call gravel for the driveway and yard.

Glad the old man was on his way home from the field when it happened, and chased them into town, got the plate, now the idiot has a nice deductible to pay.....

Anyways good luck with insurance. Maybe you could paint it red now!!!