Question for those with a front plate...

Black03SS_NJ

Picked up my new SS last night. However I bought the truck in DE (no front plate) and I live in Jersey (front plate required). The dealer had no clue what the front frame looked like, especially since the SS front bumper is different. Can anyone enlighten me on what they look like or how they attach? I am scared to death to drill that beautiful front bumper, if that's how it goes on.

The factory front plate carrier is bolted through the front bumper cover. I was lucky enough to get to my truck before they drilled through the cover. I bent up some aluminum brackets to mount the plate below the bumper. this way the bumper cover is intact. If you want need the factory plate carrier I have one here.

Don

The front plate is required here in CA, but I can't bring myself to drill holes and mount it. So I am just taking my chances. The general opinoin seems to be that cops won't pull you over just for that, but if you are pulled over for something else, and the cop hasn't had a good KrispyKreme all day, then it makes a nice add on ticket. Kinda like the illegal window tint I have too... Boy, I am going to be in big trouble some day :eek: .

Thanks for the replies. I have no intent of drilling the bumper, but I need one on there to pass inspection. IN NJ, if you buy out of state, the vehicle has to get inspected immediately. I will fail if I don't rig the plate on somehow. It's coming right off again. Think I could get away with wire-tying it??

:cheers: Congrats on you new SS. I live in Northern NJ near Morristown. Anyway - the mounting plate should have come with the SS. I had told them not to mount it, I did not want to put holes in the bumper and came up with another way to mout it through the lower grill. See picture:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...t=ST&f=14&t=637

Archived