11.42 1000' @93.56

1/4 mile [email protected]

2nd run

2.0 60'

5.6 330ft

8.7 1/8th mile @81.23

11.31 1/8th [email protected]

1/4mile 13.51 @102.97mph

not bad for the first time out.. still needs some tweaking in the tune and i need to learn how to launch it or take my time and stage deep and creep up cause they were moving the line so quick last night that i couldnt stage and build boost for nothing last night. 2nd run was with a 50 shot im gonna spray a 100 shot bump the boost to 8-9 cause im between 6-7 lbs right now.. also take my 22's off and run the 20's that should help even more lol. those 22's are heavy as hell. i weighed it last night with me in it and the truck weighed 5880 so its pretty heavy right now. well just wanted to show that the truck actually made it down the track. we plan on going again wednesday for another shot with the 20's on it. im gonna get the spare tire off it also to hopefully lighten it up a bit. thanks for looking

Edited by iwineng03ss (see edit history)

Buddy of mine is running an STS at 22# and has had trouble launching it. Needed to go up to a 4000 stall in order to build boost. With a 2800 it was only spooling to 7-11# before taking off.

yeah the times arent the best but there is still some tuning issues. i also think my 42lb injectors are bottle necking me or i need to step up the diaphram in the fmu. i can only get about 60lbs of fuel pressure @wot. i may just scrap the fmu and step the injectors up regardless. my friend runs an fmu on his dodge an it works flawless but im still in the trial and error stage. i was hoping for better times trust me. it will get there just need to some tweaking here and there. i think the fuel pressure is the biggest issue at this point. i knew coming out for the first time the times werent going to be great but i thought i would let u all know it did finally go down the track. im going back wednesday and i am hoping for better times..

I would agree that the injectors are at their limit but I don't think it's holding you back with the current setup. At 145 kpa manifold pressure, the injectors are at 95-98% DC but they were still supplying a constant 12:1 A/F at 5700 rpm. Also I still could command a richer AFR if I desired. I'm not convinced there is anything significant to gain in the tune. I took a look at my last logs and the AFR was steady at 11.5-12.5:1 and timing could not be increased anymore without knock occuring. I think there are a couple areas for improvement.

1. Most, including T04 turbos are typically designed to run around 12 psi for peak efficiency (if sized correctly). This will mean bigger injectors (60 lbs) for sure and fuel pumps to support. I know you are running an inline pump but, I'm not sure of its flowrate. Total the system needs to flow 255 lph.

2. A "looser" convertor or one with more power absorption would help a lot.

I planned on coming to the track tonight and I was going to bring my computer etc.... unless someone else is going to be tuning it.

The first time I drove the truck 6psi wasn't even an option. My point about the injector size is that as shows with the timeslip they didn't go through all that work for 6psi. At 10psi more injector is going to be needed for sure and 10psi is roughly where I'd guess the street tune should be. The efficiency of that converter isn't as high as some others, but there was another turbo truck that went 11.8 with a single turbo running that converter. That truck given some time to build boost could easily come out on 4psi and be at 6psi or more within 10-15feet using that converter. I'd like to make it out there tonight, but unfortunatly I'm not going to be able to make it. I have to work until 6 and I wouldn't be able to make it out there until after 8. :( I want to make it to the track when you're running it for sure.