finally got the twinturbos to the track

iwineng03ss

When you say efficiency of the convertor I'm a little confused. Are you talking about input to output speed efficiency or torque input to torque output efficiency. Can you get the stall curve for this convertor so I can see what the actual stall speed for this application is? I've measure 2800-3000 rpm but, I would like to know at what torque input from the engine does the convertor stall. I have a lot of seat time with this truck and can contest that the performance of this truck would greatly improve with a higher stall speed. The most boost I was able to get out of the truck from a complete standstill without it rolling forward was 4 psi so your correct with the current convertor observasations from above.

Also if you look at the timeslip the mph is 102 which is all of a 12 second mph with a decent 60'. So I wouldn't say they did all that work for 13.5 ET's just yet. I'm predicting with the 1" reduction in the SLR and 250 lbs of weight reduction, which would be comparable to the top 10 here on the SS forums, we would see mid to high 12's easily. What was the weight and the 60' of the truck with the 11.8 pass?

Also, no offense Stahl's, some driver training would improve the ET's as well. - we'll work on that tonight. :crackup:

here are my runs from tonight much better i would have to say.

2.06 60 ft

3.48 330ft

8.38 1/8th [email protected]

10.91 1000 ft @96.60mph

13.03 1/4mile @106.36

1.87 60 ft

5.24 330ft

8.17 1/8th [email protected]

10.75 1000 ft @95.08

12.91 1/4mile @105.15

1.9 60 ft

5.34 330ft

8.36 1/8th [email protected]

11.05 1000 ft @91.62

13.28 1/4 mile @102.09

this track i have been going to is known for being slower then others. im not making any excuse's but i bet next week when i go to the track the truck runs atleast 3 tenths quicker. i also lost some weight tonight taking the 22's off and swaping back the 20's and took the spare tire off. i weighed 5650 tonight which is much better then last week at 5880. paul is gonna change some fuel setting around this weekend and see if that helps us out at all. now i just need to learn how to launch the bitch lol. so i can atleast say i ran into the 12's tonight still not where i wana be but its coming along nicely what can i say it started out slow but its a work in progress.

Very nice. I'm guessing this is still on around 6psi. If you recall I guessed around a 12.8 or so at 6-8psi once you get the truck dialed in. It's certainly pulling the number on the big end. :thumbs: How much timing do you have dialed in for the launch? This is very important as was shown in Stif1's truck. He's running a Procharger which is also known to have alot of lag. After getting the timing curve dialed in for the launch the truck now has the ability to come out spinning the tires on an off idle lauch with roughly the same stall speed as you're running now. That truck also only has about 5psi of boost up to 5k where it goes up from there and only has about 3psi at the converter flash stall. Working the timing tables down low is going to be huge in getting that truck moving off the line including playing in the IAT tables. My other suggestion would be to run a 75hp shot of nitrous and launch the truck off idle. Run a window swith to set the nitrous to come in a 1500rpm and shut off at 4000rpm. If you come off the line with the 75 shot and the TB converter you should be able to pull a low 1.8 60' time and the turbo's will spool almost instantly from the high egt's from the nitrous. From there out you won't need the nitrous as the boost will supply all the power needed.

As for the other truck I was referring to, it weighed in I'd guess at around 5500-5600 or so with the driver. It's Kurt's truck.

BTW, congrats on 12's. :thumbs:

:applause: Man at that MPH that engine must be pulling really hard on the top-end :thumbs: Are you saying that you want the engine to see more load (less stall) at launch so that you build more boost?

Mr. P. :)