Who makes the best programmer forthe 6.0

SuperSport

I am sure you have seen this topic before but i am a new comer.

I have been looking for the best programmer to get for my truck and i want something that will work with a full exhaust, intake, and other little bolt-ons.

what do you guys have and do you like it and how much did you pay. Any dyno numbers.

Thanks

LS1Edit (www.carputing.com) is the ultimate in flexability. On the other hand, you have to know what you are doing.

If you do have someone else tune or use a programmer, make sure you find out in advance what their policy is on locking PCMs. Some folks will give you a tune that is "locked". You cannot copy or modify it, you can only revert it to stock. An understandable way of protecting their efforts in creating a tune, but a major pain if you were planning on doing some tweaking of your own later.

LS1Edit (www.carputing.com) is the ultimate in flexability. On the other hand, you have to know what you are doing.

If you do have someone else tune or use a programmer, make sure you find out in advance what their policy is on locking PCMs. Some folks will give you a tune that is "locked". You cannot copy or modify it, you can only revert it to stock. An understandable way of protecting their efforts in creating a tune, but a major pain if you were planning on doing some tweaking of your own later.

Good point on Locking the program.

:thumbs:

I put on a SuperChips programmer. I have to say, it was the easiest mod I've ever done! Raised the speed limiter, shift points, shift firmness, etc... all in about ten minutes, didn't even break a sweat!

I only have 600 miles on the truck, haven't really "got on it" yet. I bought the programmer on word of mouth recommendation. I expect it will be just fine for me. I plan on replacing the stock exhaust with a full cat back Flowmaster system at some point in time, and probably go with a FIPK or something. That will about do it for engine mods for me. This is my Sunday go to meeting truck! :thumbs:

I went with the Superchips. Very satisfied. If you are looking at getting into some serious mods, make sure you get the programmer that can have a new program burned into it. For about $500 and a couple dyno sheets, Superchips can custom make a program and write it into your programmer.

• 2 months later...

Superchips is ok, but I'd check out the diablo sport predator by granatelli motorsports. You'll get their tune, plus you can do a custom tune after that. It will allow you to alter some settings to a degree. If you want the maximum your truck can do, you need to have the computer custom tuned. Talk to farmtruc. Everyone that he has tuned has been extremely satisfied. :chevy:

I have the diablosport predator programmer. As mentioned above, it comes with performance tune that is modifyable by hand (on the programmer) and by custom tune from diablo (they send you computer software and instructions on how to upload your current truck tune to your personal computer) then you e-mail it to them they make the changes, send it back, you loadit back into the programmer and fianlly upload into the truck. I'm currently in the middle of this right now.

The other thing to keep in mind, the DiabloSport programmer has DTC (diagnostic Trouble Code) reading and clearing capability. Also able to monitor live data. i.e., temps, timing, knock retard, etc... :thumbs:

I have a couple of questions on programming. First, what does farmtruc

charge for this? Also, if I have problems and need to take the truck

back to the dealership, will he reflash the computer after the dealer

puts it back to stock. Also, is there anyway that you can purchase

a computer that you can switch back and forth?

thanks

Steve

Archived