Are there any good window cleaners?

I am trying to get rid of the haze on the inside of the windows. I have used all kinds of store bought products, but none seem to work that well, any suggestions? Currently, I am using a mixture of 50% water with 50% denatured alcohol (with a few drops of dish soap), which gets the windows clean, but the haze returns after a couple of days. What next?

First off let me say I am no DYLAN when it comes to detailing. With that said my trick to have your glass disapear is odd but very effective.

First, clean the windows with any windex, glass cleaner you want even soap and water is going to work.

Second, use "Barkeeper's Friend" and old news papers to clean the window a second time. Barkeepers Friend is a very mild cleanser that is used to polish glassware. It is available in most grociery stores and best of all its cheeaaapp, Under $3. The newspaper is another trick which in its own can polish the glass nicely with windex alone. Its slightly abrasive and cleans all the oil and road grime off.

Finally, Wipe with a microfiber cloth to get rid of any lint in the corners of the glass.

I have had two friends leave forhead prints on the sidewindows as they leaned to look out the truck only to hit the glass and say "Damn I Didnt see it and thought the window was down" best of all this is a really cheap way. Old Newpaper is practiaclly free and the Barkeepers Friend is very affordable.

First, clean the windows with any windex, glass cleaner you want even soap and water is going to work.

Second, use "Barkeeper's Friend" and old news papers to clean the window a second time. Barkeepers Friend is a very mild cleanser that is used to polish glassware. It is available in most grociery stores and best of all its cheeaaapp, Under $3. The newspaper is another trick which in its own can polish the glass nicely with windex alone. Its slightly abrasive and cleans all the oil and road grime off.

Finally, Wipe with a microfiber cloth to get rid of any lint in the corners of the glass.

Is this also good for removing water-spots? The reason I'm asking is I noticed a few "hard water" spots on my back glass the other day, and have played hell trying to get rid of them.................................

Here is my advise......go to a local glass shop.....

At my shop, I retail 2 differnet kinds of cleaner, 1. Essex (which is a division of Dow Automotive - the manufacturer of our sealants) GC-800 - this is what we use to clean all of our glass before applying primers/sealant...and it works pretty damn good. 2. Somaca (also may be labeled Sommer & Maca) Hi-Sheen - this stuff works really well, and works great in all weather condiditons (not all cleaners work well in humid conditions, but this one really does).

First off let me say I am no DYLAN when it comes to detailing.

Damn... I'm like an internet legend :jester:

On to the topic at hand...... I have been pretty happy with the results I've gotten with Stoners Invisible Glass, but it does need to be used on a cool window or it will streak. I also have more recently have gone back to the old school practice of using a balled up newspaper when cleaning windows (sounds crazy, but it works) NOTE: this is only for the outside... if you have tint just water and a soft cloth to clean insides.

Also, I like to throw a coat of DER Shiney (or whatever your acrylic polish of choice) on the glass... makes it much easier to clean.

DO NOT do this if you're still using a carnuba/silicone product... it will melt and make your job even harder.

If you're talking about "Haze" on the inside of your windows theres nothing you can do but keep cleaning regularly. That haze is a result of the chemicals seeping out of the plastics in the dash... it tends to be worse on new vehicles, but heat makes them release that haze. Also, products like Armourall will release "gases" when heated... that gas rises and redeposits on the inside of the glass. GM has developed a "low haze" material for the interior of the vette... its some compression molded material that has supposedly NO "gas release" like traditional plastic. Thus far the C6 is the only vehicle to use this technique.... I haven't heard it has mades its way into the new generation of trucks, but it seems logical that it might.

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

what I have made up that I really like is 50% viniger and 50% water. Gets rid of the haze well. What I use to clean the window is a micro-fiber cloth. Also there are no wipe marks when there is fog or when there is glare from the sun. Not harmful to any tint either

Stoner's & newspaper. Water spots = wipe first with vineagar, it dissolves mineral deposits (I use it on paint, too). To recondition glass I first use old claybars, then follow-up with Stoners & newspaper - works fantastic IMO. I will try Barney's suggestion and get some Barkeeper's Friend...

Mr. P. :)