Premium fuel only

mvargas

Spoke to GM about this.

Premium Fuel Recommended and problably worth the small difference in price down in :flag:

Here in Canada we are paying close to $3.00 a gallon so Regular 87 Octane is fuel of choice with such a thirsty boy :cheers: and rated acceptable by GM.

GM says that there will be a slight loss in perfomance with anything less than Premium.

I will be using Premium every 10'th fillup and when I travel and pulling a trailer.

I have also heard you get better gas mileage on the Premium, will let you know about that fable.

Dr Mike :thumbs:

I filled up a few weeks ago when the price for 94 at Sunoco was $0.94 CDN per litre. Was able to jam in 100 litres. Made for easy math - $94.00 for a tank. Now you can convert this to U.S> dollars all you want, but it was still $94.00 out of my shorts. I don't get paid 1.41 more than you. Guaranteed.

Now let's do some more math. We're averaging around $0.75 cents per litre for 87 octane around here. It's $0.10 more per litre for 91 octane. Currently I'm averaging 18.5 litres per 100 km and will probably drive 24000 km's this year. (Not my full time ride) 24000/100= 240. 240 x 18.5 = 4440 litres of fuel. (bit of a pig aint it?) At $0.10 extra per litre to put 91 octane, that works out to $444.00 annually to keep my engine running the way it's supposed to. $37.00 per month. Given the other costs I incur per month on this beast, I think I'll pay it. Gladly!!

(Now lets try to justify it all given our other vehicles are an Escalade (same engine, same fuel, same mileage) and a Trans Am (same fuel). What can I say? You guys keep fighting for that oil!!)

okay so i decided to figure out what i have actually spent on gas so far since i have had my SS...goes a lil sumpthing like this...

15100 miles...at about 12.5 mpg equals approx 1210 gallons of gas since may 21, 2003...times that by an average of $1.85/gallon is a grand total of $2,238.50...i am glad that i do not have a payment for my SS...otherwise that would be like $1,000 bucks a month...now if i were to have gone with 87 octane...i would only save $302.50...and that is really only good for a weekend of bar tabs...plus a coupld of bottles for sundays football line up...a maybe a trip to the grocery store for pizza chips and salsa...

oh well looks like i won't be munching on sunday while watching football...kind of my quazi-way to loose weight by spending my money on something else much more worth it...

I really don't understand why this is even a topic. If you had the extra money to get the SS over an LT, then you've got the extra to put premium gas in it. Like others pointed out, it's only a few hundred $ a year. If your worried about that, you've got bigger fish to fry! :crazy:

Archived