Should i get this?

ssfromsd

Any experience with this type of truck or not what is your oppinion i should it it or not?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Any experience with this type of truck or not what is your oppinion i should it it or not?

• Yes
    • No
    • Fight out a lower price

Saw this 1986 Blazer sitting in my high school parking lot for sale yesterday. So i called the guy up today and he let me drive it. it was $2800 but i talked him down to $2300. Man it is a nice driving vehicle. Anybody everhad one? I used to have a 88' Suburban a few years ago, liked to drive it just as much as my dads denali he had at the time. Just a style i like, and im not going to lie this truck needs some moderate body TLC, but i love tinkering with things like this so.. But it has 26,xxx miles on a new 350 GM Performance motor, 7,xxx miles on the tranny and off road tires and rims, new window motor in the tailgate, cd deck that works great, new rear shocks and a new 3'' exhaust. Also it was just 4 corner aligned and has a bunch of new front end components dont really know them exactly. And a 3'' lift, But it had a more power than my old burb, and even sqacked the huge tires for a sec, really wasnt expecting that. But anything you guys know about em, probs etc would be great. Hope i dont like it to much to sell the SS entirely! ha jk but thanks. :chevy:

post-7822-1152054096_thumb.jpg

I had a 1986, and I loved it. The picture below was my road tires, they were 35" bfg mud terrain. I also had a set of 38" tsl SSR's

I swear I've seen your Blazer before kaotik1........................did you use to be on PavementSucks? Anyways, I used to own an '86 Blazer.....4-inch lift with 35 inch tires....was a blast to play around with. I'd definitely pick it up, just to play around with..................

I had a 1986, and I loved it. The picture below was my road tires, they were 35" bfg mud terrain. I also had a set of 38" tsl SSR's

I swear I've seen your Blazer before kaotik1........................did you use to be on PavementSucks? Anyways, I used to own an '86 Blazer.....4-inch lift with 35 inch tires....was a blast to play around with. I'd definitely pick it up, just to play around with..................

I was on ColoradoK5.com and a few other, but never pavement sucks. I loved this truck, had d-60's front and rear limited slip front and detroit rear. Best of all the muncie 4spd. after all was said and done, 287:1 crawl ratio. That converts to about 10mph low 4x and 4th gear on the tranny, taching 6,000 rpm

couple more pictures I found. If the body is pretty solid I would say go for it. Look in the rear wheel wells to the front and see if the floor is solid there, critical because body mounts are there. Then inside the back where the tailgate opens, check the hinges, and by the gas filler neck. Also under the hood look at the frame on the driver side where the steering pump is to see if there are any breaks in the frame, cause by the pump. What will you be using this for??

post-6797-1152057279_thumb.jpg

post-6797-1152057287_thumb.jpg

It will be used along with the SS off and on for a summer work truck and school car (yea yea SS is to nice for a school car...) but mainly i will use it to fock around go off roading and in the winter, i miss fockin around with rear wheel drive really bad to!! might run over an occasional del sol but who knows... :cheers::thumbs: but we will see.. Anyone want me to pick it up for them if i dont get it?

That is a nice little toy for you to get. If you don't buy it, I know you'll kick yourself in the Arse later....

My buddy had one, and if I recall, you can take the rear cap off for some summertime fun... :thumbs:

Buy It ...

That's not a bad price for the Blazer. I had 2 of them years ago, a 81 and a 86. The 305 versions are pretty much a pooch, but the 350's ran great. The older versions if I remember correctly (75-79??) the entire top cam off, even over the driver and passenger. Then the later versions, the top came off the back area only. The body will flex alot when off roading with the top off. My 81 was tweaked enough that the top was a pain to get back on.

Im looking for one also for a plow truck. One of the biggest problems I found with them was the rear glass tends to break the track then fall down inside the gate. Good luck!!