13 sec truck???

Blue_SS

Alot of people like the GT2-3 all around because it has a nearly stock idle and stealth to it. Most wont know you have it. There was some thread awhile ago that the neslon guy down in texas claimed 90hp or something from a bigger cam and tune. I think it was one of the comp cams XER series cams, not positive though. Alot of people said he was full of it, you know. I have heard good things about the XER series cams, but I think there might even be better cams than that. Some things to take into consideration...do you plan to run long tubes? do you plan to run heads? do plan to keep your towing ability? Are you going or willing to run a torque converter?

I think there is ALOT of guys on here with the basics on thier truck: CAI, Cat-Back, 160* Stat and the PCM Tune. And many of us wanna keep our engine healthy, get that extra HP on our daily driver without making the truck drive too much different, and not create any other problems down the road. So to narrow things down-what would be one of the best cams to go with on a truck with these mods? Is the FMS that Ben mentioned one of them?

I think there is ALOT of guys on here with the basics on thier truck: CAI, Cat-Back, 160* Stat and the PCM Tune. And many of us wanna keep our engine healthy, get that extra HP on our daily driver without making the truck drive too much different, and not create any other problems down the road. So to narrow things down-what would be one of the best cams to go with on a truck with these mods? Is the FMS that Ben mentioned one of them?

:withstupid:

and I have a TBTC if that helps any :dunno:

i saw he asked before which fms cam or cam would be what alot f us are lookin for? basically us with the cai, ehaust system, custom tune, and 160 stat....what is the ideal cam for us? alot of people throw out numbers like 220/220 or what not i ave no clue what those are. so if someone could just recommend 2-3 cams that would be ideal for what we want that would be great. i dont plan on s/c anytime within a year or 2. thanks for any info. once again.

it depends what you want out of it....do you still want it to tow? do you want it to ber a big cam..top end low end....talk to ben zippy turbocharged berserker etc...or go straight too fms (fultral motorsports)

How long is near future couple of months or say like 10 months!

It comes down to what you want. A cam better for a s-chgr will do fine in a NA motor, if you don't like doing the work twice. If it was going to be 10 months, I'd wait to do the s-chgr first. Save the money and get the s-chgr sooner.

i think my truck was definatlye capable of hitting 13's when i was n/a. i ran an 8.80 1/8th mile which is equal to a 13.7 or so. i had all of the mods in my sig except the blower. it ran very well then too. i think i coul dhave had a better cam for just n/a but i used one that was for f/i and it definatley helped when i was n/a. you rgoing to need some money for all the bolt on its going to take to hit 13's n/a!!

It took me a while to hit 13's with bolt-ons. I had a hell of a time. Using just about every bolt on possible and a cam, I broke into the 13's including weight reduction of about 150lbs or so. My dyno was 350/360 to do that for reference.

Cam, full exhaust with headders, CAI, pulleys, E-fans, 160 thermo, tuning, 3000 stall, mobile 1 oil, watter wetter, plug wires, no spare/jack, no tailgate etc.

I did run in warm weather so the truck was able to do a solid high 13.