13 sec truck???

Blue_SS

alright i am wanting to get into the 13s in 1/4 mile with nothing but bolt ons is this possible? i have zippy tune , volant cold air intake with ram air, jba spark plug wires, dual flows with h pipe and gibson shorty headers, and also i have a gms mass air flow sensor, what else do i need to do if i can get into 13s????

Get rid of the gms MAF and shorty headers to start with. Neither do much and the MAF can cause you some problems in the long run. Although, the shorty headers won't be all that bad if you go FI.

Get rid of the gms MAF and shorty headers to start with.  Neither do much and the MAF can cause you some problems in the long run.  Although, the shorty headers won't be all that bad if you go FI.

I have recently installed a Gibson Cat-Back designed to improve "towing power" & "towing mpg" and I actualy did see an improvement in both. Do you think shorty headers would help "my towing power" & "towing mpg" as well. I don't want to put long tubes on my tow vehicle.

Pace setter long tubes, cai, a good custom tune, exhaust, a nice cam like the gt2-3, and converter with trans work should be able to get you into if not near the 13's...like Zippy said. Thats all you need. No other gimmick bolt on junk. Hell, you can have a cam bought and installed for almost the cost of an after market ported throttle body and MAF, which dont really do dick in my opinion.

Ditch the shorties, go long tubes. Its not like these trucks are tinny sounding uni-bodies that have a ton of interior resonance. I gurantee the long tubes arent any louder than your shorties, but perform a whole lot better.

A cam isn't exactly a bolt on, but they will get you into the 13's the easiest. For a naturally asperated setup I wouldn't use the GT2-3 though.

correct me if im wrong but lets say you get the gt2-3 cam to start ofo and then you go FI then its a ok performer for both because you can use them for both right? sorry if it sounds wierd im on piankillers

yes you can do that drako, but I think what zippy was getting at is that if you dont plan to do FI in the near future, you can realize much better gains from a different cam than the gt2-3. If you plan on FI in the near future, rather than do a cam swap twice, just do the GT2-3 and be done with it.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

GT2-3 and be done with it.

is this the best cam for NA, daily driver or is there a better one. What are any issues with driveability? how does this change with a bigger cam? I am going to read some more cam info, but your help is great :thumbs:

What cam is the best to beat a TBSS? I know there is a post about cam selection but few had any 'after' reports. and with zippy's latest run I really want to know what I am getting myself into with a new cam...I hope just beating my buddy's TBSS :devil::driving: