Flowmaster 50 Series HD or SUV ??

Im tearing my hair out trying to decide on mufflers for the SS. My last truck had 2 Flowmaster 50 series Delta's on it and I was'nt real happy with them.

Does anyone here run the Flowmaster 50 series HD or SUV muffler? If so, what are your opinions on it and the noise factor inside and out. Better yet, a sound clip would be awesome !!! I've listened to the sounds page on Flowmaster, but I know the SS won't sound like that !!!

i have 40s  sound good loud but not like glass packs

I had the delta flow 50's on my 2500HD and they were kinda annoying. I think that the HD and SUV series flowmasters have a larger case...Was hoping someone here was using them and maybe had a sound clip... :)

I have a 50 Series SUV flowmaster setup on my SS. It doesn't put out too much in cab resonance. The sound is throaty, but not too loud. I am thinking of going with a 40 series set up next. I want a louder sound for my SS. Here is a sound clip of my SS idling. Hope this helps.

2003 SS exhaust clip.

50 Series flowmaster reving

Edited by Marine_SGT (see edit history)

I just added (2) 40 series flowmasters with turndowns right out of the mufflers to my 06 SS and it sounds BAD ASS! It is resonant in the cab, but it just sounds so good! It just sounds like the way the truck is designed to sound, IMO. It definately turns heads when you rumble up to a stop light.

I have a 50 Series SUV flowmaster setup on my SS.  It doesn't put out too much in cab resonance.  The sound is throaty, but not too loud.  I am thinking of going with a 40 series set up next.  I want a louder sound for my SS.  Here is a sound clip of my SS idling.  Hope this helps.

2003 SS exhaust clip.

I just added (2) 40 series flowmasters with turndowns right out of the mufflers to my 06 SS and it sounds BAD ASS! It is resonant in the cab, but it just sounds so good! It just sounds like the way the truck is designed to sound, IMO. It definately turns heads when you rumble up to a stop light.

Thanks Sgt !! That is exactly what im looking for :thumbs:

Sounds awesome !!!

NTMID8R-I bet it does sound BAD AZZ. Not sure if I can go that route though, the wife may not care for that, ha ha....

I have a 50 Series SUV flowmaster setup on my SS.  It doesn't put out too much in cab resonance.  The sound is throaty, but not too loud.  I am thinking of going with a 40 series set up next.  I want a louder sound for my SS.  Here is a sound clip of my SS idling.  Hope this helps.

2003 SS exhaust clip.

Do you remember what part # was for your Flowmaster ??

2003 SS exhaust clip.

I never even saw the part number :banghead: , but they were Flowmaster original 40 Series 2 chamber, not the DeltaFlow.

2003 SS exhaust clip.

Here is the link to the Flowmaster site for the 50 Series Suv muffler. Its part number 524554.

50 Series SUV flowmster muffler

Got the muffler today. Sounds great, ran 2 tails at 45 deg out the back. I have noticed a loss of some of the low end power. That kinda sucks. Guess I'll have to do the E-fans and t-stat next. Hopefully that will help a little.

how did the power gain feel Marine SGT?  any other sound clips?

thanks!

also, is that the part number for the muffler that i can use with the stock piping?

I am witth you I was wondering the same thing. I actually like the factory tip and was just looking for a little meaner sound. I am kind of hoping to just swap the muffler.