sixteen cylinders anyone?

xlr82sxs

i was watching the travel channel last night and they had a special on concept cars. they had the cadillac sixteen. powered by this 16 hole piece of metal.

they said it was some 1000hp.. :eek:

here's more info on the concept itself.. Cadillac Sixteen!

cadillac_sixteen_detroit_03_pc_02.jpg

Edited by braddub (see edit history)

1000 hp should be a cake walk for that engine. We have v8's at work making more power than that :dunno:

just think of the possibilities though. if that engine was a major production model, with a few aftermarket parts it would take those v8s for a walk in the park. a few times at that.. :cool:

1000 hp should be a cake walk for that engine. We have v8's at work making more power than that :dunno:

just think of the possibilities though. if that engine was a major production model, with a few aftermarket parts it would take those v8s for a walk in the park. a few times at that.. :cool:

I really dought it. Just think what that monster must weigh and how efficient can that thing really be? They will never make it turst me GM is having a hard enough time staying on their feet as it is the last thing they need is another vehicle that they could never sell because it consumes so much fuel especially at these prices. It's just like chrysler making that v-10 bike, All for show (hey look what we can do)

the bugatti has the same number of cylinders, 4 turbos and makes less power than that thing! the bugatti is 2 W8 VW engines mated together with 4 turbos.

And this one is 2 NorthStars?

Those are two gen III engines built together. I believe they also have a prototype Tahoe with the V16 in it. This is all a few years old.

the bugatti has the same number of cylinders, 4 turbos and makes less power than that thing! the bugatti is 2 W8 VW engines mated together with 4 turbos.

And this one is 2 NorthStars?

Those are two gen III engines built together. I believe they also have a prototype Tahoe with the V16 in it. This is all a few years old.

They do have one in a Tahoe They put it in there for road testing. It looks completely stock except for the extra foot they extended it between the front wheels and the doors :jester: