collector gaskets manifold gaskets

its time to change my collector gaskets already!! while im at it im gonna change the manifold gaskets too. what are most of u guys running? every vehicle i have ever had the collector gaskets always blow out. any hints on what to do so they dont blow out and i dont have the tick tick tick thats my pet pieve hearing a leaky exhaust. let me know what u guys are using thanks for any info you can give!!

Edited by iwineng03ss (see edit history)

Copper collector gaskets are the only way to go. Especially for blown applications. I blew out the ones my ASMs came with in about 200 miles. One race to 125 on the freeway was all it took.

Stock manifold gaskets do work well. If you're unsure if they are sealing right, maybe buy a new set. They are $13 and some change a piece.

One of the links above is for SCE copper collector gaskets. SCE also makes race header gaskets. They run about $50 a set. I have a set here I haven't tried out yet. Plan to put them in with my new Breslin header bolts - another good thing to get and change while you're in there.

Speaking of Breslins (locking bolts), I would get on their website and see if they make a collector bolt. It doesn't seem to matter what you did, those damn things just keep coming loose. Grade 8 makes some if Breslin doesn't.

Copper collector gaskets are the only way to go.  Especially for blown applications.  I blew out the ones my ASMs came with in about 200 miles.  One race to 125 on the freeway was all it took.

Stock manifold gaskets do work well.  If you're unsure if they are sealing right, maybe buy a new set.  They are $13 and some change a piece.

One of the links above is for SCE copper collector gaskets.  SCE also makes race header gaskets.  They run about $50 a set.  I have a set here I haven't tried out yet.  Plan to put them in with my new Breslin header bolts - another good thing to get and change while you're in there.

Speaking of Breslins (locking bolts), I would get on their website and see if they make a collector bolt.  It doesn't seem to matter what you did, those damn things just keep coming loose.  Grade 8 makes some if Breslin doesn't.

So the deal would be to use SCE header and collector gaskets with the Breslin locking bolt?

Breslin Locking bolts

They do make collector bolts as well, they are near the bottom on the PDF page. Seems to be 75 dollars for polished header bolts, and 45 dollars for polished collector bolts.

So the deal would be to use SCE header and collector gaskets with the Breslin locking bolt?

Breslin Locking bolts

They do make collector bolts as well, they are near the bottom on the PDF page. Seems to be 75 dollars for polished header bolts, and 45 dollars for polished collector bolts.

It's the way I'm going. Not 100% sure how the SCE header gaskets will work, but will post back when I get them on.

The Breslin part# I got was p/n608-026. I think I only paid about $55 on Summit, but don't quote me on price.

here is my next dilema and i cant believe the exhaust shop did it but i have a two bolt collector under there.. and im running 2.5 inch exhaust. so that means they dont make a hole lot of options from what i c.. but i have heard that this type collector gasket is really good and seals awsome..

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...15&autoview=sku

just curious what u guys think.. i need to do something the exhaust leak is killing me lol

For the header install, I initially used the ones the pace setters came with. Well, just like Benkey, mine blew within about 200-300 miles after a good race on the freeway. So I replaced them with the fel-pro LS1 series manifold gaskets and 2,000 miles later, still no issues. I do feel that the leaky header bolt where coolant was coming out of because I didnt use thread sealer on the bolt helped weaken the gaskets.

here is my next dilema and i cant believe the exhaust shop did it but i have a two bolt collector under there..  and im running 2.5 inch exhaust. so that means they dont make a hole lot of options from what i c.. but i have heard that this type collector gasket is really good and seals awsome..

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...15&autoview=sku

just curious what u guys think.. i need to do something the exhaust leak is killing me lol

:eek: I did not know you used 2.5" pipes, I was thinking that you would use minumum 3" with your turbos...

Mr. P.