Corsa Catback system

This is the first upgrade I want to do to my truck and I'm having trouble finding which system will fit. I see they have one for the 2500 w/ the 6.0, but not the 1500. I have a 06 Sierra CCSB 1500 4x4 w/VortecMax.

if anyone knows which kit would fit my truck? It would be greatly appreciated, and also where the best place to buy one from?

Edited by BowtieEarl (see edit history)

i have an 06' silverado vortec max extended cab i used this part number and it fit prefectly. #14279. i dont believe you said if you had a c/c or e/c. http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/truckcatalog.html has all the part numbers you should need for anything. congrats on the truck

I got my Magnaflow catback system from Performance Peddler, an ebay store. I paid $440 which included shipping. The other places wanted $540. They start out at the same price but you can make a counter offer. I offered $400 and they emailed back with the $440 offer. If you cannot find your application call them. The online catalog seems to be to generic. Good luck.

BowtieEarl.....you really need to change that name to GMCEarl

I just put the Corsa Sport on my GMC Sierra AWD Denali CC/SB VMax and purchased it from FasterThanThem.com in Chandler AZ for $750 delivered. The Corsa part number is 14240 and this "may" fit your 4X4 as well???? I'd double check with Corsa by going to their website and contacting their tech support people. www.corsaperf.com

I ended up installing mine at home without a lift or even a jack for that matter and it took less than 30 minutes to do the job....my truck has less than 300 miles so nothing was rusted or seized on the factory exhaust. Made 2 cuts with the DeWalt sawzall one over the rear end (tail pipe) and the torca clamp between the muffler and cat....this clamp bolt is a PITA to try and remove, just saw it or torch it if you prefer.

How does it sound???

One word....SWEET!!! Not much louder than stock inside the cab (IMHO), my wife disagrees however, and it ROCKS at WOT or launching. It is LOUD on the outside....I pulled along side two Harley's over the weekend and let the VMax breathe....funny thing was these Harley guys only like to hear their own pipes....they both gave me a 1 finger salute so I think they liked it! :D

Jeff

BTW-the Corsa website has sound clips for the "Sport" on a Yukon Denali 6.0L and my VMax sounds 100% the same as these clips with the factory airbox installed! www.corsaperf.com/flashdenali.htm

Edited by VMaxDenali (see edit history)

I've read on other forums that the sport is too much for the LQ9, My max is my daily driver so I don't want something that is obnoxious, I'm just looking for that nice rich, performance sound. Interior resonance/sound is also another huge thing. I e-mailed corsa awhile back but they never got back to me??? I might just have to call them.

That's a damn good price you got from FasterThanThem.com, I'll have to check them out.

• 3 weeks later...