exhaust recommendation?

AK04SS

hey everyone,

i'm getting rid of my WRX STi and i'm looking to start modding my SSS. i already have an AEM BF intake. and was looking to get a new catback?

can you guys recommend something that is loud at WOT and semi-loud while cruising? i was thinking of the corsa, mainly for how good it looks, but i've read that its too quiet. is there another system that is a little more louder than the corsa? i was thinking of the BB exhaust, magnaflow, flowmaster, and maybe borla.

i'd like one that just bolts on. shops here in AK have crazy prices for welding.

thanks!

I have read that the Corsa is relatively quiet. You may be happier with a Magnaflow or Flowmaster system. I have the Flowmaster 50 series and it has a deep tone that you can hear all the time but its not overbearing. I have always liked the louder 40 series but the 50 series was already on the truck when I bought it. Here is a clip that someone posted of the 50 series

50 series sound

i have the corsa....and i had a STi, with the SSS you dont get the overall engine sound from everywhere like the subaru buuuut its quiet when you want it to be and loud like a bat out of hell when you want it to also...i have the corsa sport. you can a;ways make it louder by adding headers

i would stay away from the blowmasters and magnaflow if you want the cab to not have alot of noise at cruse. it took me 4 diferent exhost setups to get it right but i can tell you that the corsa is my choice

corsa has different types? i'm still new to SS's, would i need O2 simulators or anything for headers? and would i still pass emissions with headers?

i'm thinking of a corsa or a B&B exhaust (since they aren't as expensive). what are some good headers, that are direct bolt on?

thanks!

corsa has different types?  i'm still new to SS's, would i need O2 simulators or anything for headers? and would i still pass emissions with headers?

i'm thinking of a corsa or a B&B exhaust (since they aren't as expensive). what are some good headers, that are direct bolt on?

thanks!

direct bolt on...hmmm...i guess dynatech? bit pricey though....maybe ASM are easier but the cheapest is pacesetter long tubes. just get them and they re-weld the cats

Im with Drako I would like the Dynatecs but to much money so im goin with the pacesetters. As far as exhaust opions are like a##holes everone has one. Corsa does sound pretty good tho.

Love my Magna's. BUT DONT forget to add an X pipe if your splitting them up and running duals. I hated my setup until I added the X pipe. Noise levels in the cab came down while still scaring women and kids at WOT :devil:

i'm personal going with the new super 40's duels out the back (all the sound less buzz?) but even if they have a little "buzz" in the cab like my last 40's did on my 05 duel tips out the side then i will still love them, :D it is a matter of taste.

and i just love that american muscle car sound only a flowmaster 40 makes :flag:

i should have them on by monday or tuesday.. i'll post some pics, and if some one will tell me how i can try to post a sound clip?..

also soon i will add the pace setters and then it should get scary loud! :devil: Muho-HaHa-HaHa-Hahaaa...

While installing the Corsa Sport on my truck I noticed that it was basically a straight through design. There are maybe two little holes for whatever reason, other than that it's straight pipe/ unrestricted. It's not loud inside the cab (being that it exits 15 feet out the back on the opposite side), but those next to you will know what's up.

I'm sellin my B&B if you're interested, I'll give you a good deal because I'm just lookin to get it off my hands since I already have my Corsa now. I just put my Corsa on yesterday and it is alot quieter then the B&B was. I actually can't hear the Corsa over my Volant when I take off. Here is the link to it:

B&B For Sale

Archived