Didn't do that great against a hemi

TheGunny

So I was just driving along the other day talking to my friend, stopped at a red light when a rcsb hemi pulled up next to me and says have you done anythiung to your ss because ive beat them before, and before i knew it the light was green and i was trying to play catch up. It seems like his third pulled way harder. when i caught up to him he said he had a exhaust, k&n, throttle body, and superchip. he said i had a fast truck but what he did to his made it a lot faster so from about 25 he said hit it. so i did and he hit it then again it seemed like he was pulling on me in third he didn't pass me because we had to shut it down and then he turned so i never really got a straight up light with him I'm not sure what would have happened but anyone have any thoughts?

I have a o6 ss with dual in/out magnaflow and volant cai

So I was just driving along the other day talking to my friend, stopped at a red light when a rcsb hemi pulled up next to me and says have you done anythiung to your ss because ive beat them before, and before i knew it the light was green and i was trying to play catch up.  It seems like his third pulled way harder.  when i caught up to him he said he had a exhaust, k&n, throttle body, and superchip. he said i had a fast truck but what he did to his made it a lot faster so from about 25 he said hit it.  so i did and he hit it then again it seemed like he was pulling on me in third he didn't pass me because we had to shut it down and then he turned so i never really got a straight up light with him I'm not sure what would have happened but anyone have any thoughts? 

I hear ya! When my SS was stock, I raced my buddies Hemi with similar mods (superchip, CAI, exhaust). From a stand still I would beat him by a truck, from a rolling start he'd beat me by a truck (everytime). Though now my SS has Corsa exhaust, CAI, and a Nelson Performance tune; and my buddy now adding headers. I am now an easy 4-5 trucks in front of that Hemi :driving: (everytime).

You know what to do now! Hope that helps.

So I was just driving along the other day talking to my friend, stopped at a red light when a rcsb hemi pulled up next to me and says have you done anythiung to your ss because ive beat them before, and before i knew it the light was green and i was trying to play catch up.  It seems like his third pulled way harder.  when i caught up to him he said he had a exhaust, k&n, throttle body, and superchip. he said i had a fast truck but what he did to his made it a lot faster so from about 25 he said hit it.  so i did and he hit it then again it seemed like he was pulling on me in third he didn't pass me because we had to shut it down and then he turned so i never really got a straight up light with him I'm not sure what would have happened but anyone have any thoughts? 

The key for any hemi ram is having a superchips. It'll easily drop your 1/4 mil et at least five tenths. From what I've seen the reason he pulled you in third is because he was still in second gear. The SS's are geared a good bit lower than the rams. For instance I don't shift out of second gear until 89-90 mph. The SS has the advantage on the low end while the ram is a little faster up top.

While we're on the subject, I met up with a guy at teh track that had a 2005 hemi ram. The only mods he had was superchips and a CAI and a different muffler. That day he ran a best of 14.08, that same day I ran a 13.8 with the only difference in mods being that I have headers.

The key for any hemi ram is having a superchips. It'll easily drop your 1/4 mil et at least five tenths. From what I've seen the reason he pulled you in third is because he was still in second gear. The SS's are geared a good bit lower than the rams. For instance I don't shift out of second gear until 89-90 mph. The SS has the advantage on the low end while the ram is a little faster up top.

While we're on the subject, I met up with a guy at teh track that had a 2005 hemi ram. The only mods he had was superchips and a CAI and a different muffler. That day he ran a best of 14.08, that same day I ran a 13.8 with the only difference in mods being that I have headers.

13.8 in an suv impressive...thats the ultimate grocery getter!!!!! Nice garage!

13.8 in an suv impressive...thats the ultimate grocery getter!!!!! Nice garage!

The 13.8 was in my ram. I've only had the TBSS at the track once and it was really hot and only managed a 14.5. But I know in cooler weather it'll also be in the 13's. Thanks for the compliment :thumbs:

I want to get the wife a tbss it would have to have a few mods of course. We test drove 1 in sarasota it was pretty quick. It felt a little faster than my ss. I have raced 2 rumble bees dont know if anything was done 2 them. The first i actually let him get on it first then i stod on it i pulled up to his bumper and like a nascar i pilled around him and then pulled hard past. The second every time he would nail it and get to my bumper i would stand on it and let off when i got about 2 trucks on him. I love eaten up those hemis.

Ya a buddy of mine has a hemi and we were about the same until he bought the Superchip, it literally droped .7 in the quarter I'm sure the weather help him out a little being that it wasn't as hot. But still over a half second for $350 is well worth it, but I hear a PCM tune is the way to go on our trucks...

in 2003 i bought a arrival blue 5.3 x-cab and 1 week later my brother buys the red hemi with 20's... so i'm like damn he's got 60hp on me and dub's!... :mad:

(he always try's to be better then me) so we raced and i whooped the hemi 3 times in a row from a stop and a roll!.. so i was happy again :D

once are trucks broke in it was about even untill i got a superchip programmer then i was all over him again :devil:..

now last year i had a new black 05 x-cab with only a flowmaster 40 single in duel out.. and beat a friends rumble bee on the freeway no problem i even toyed with him just a little :devil: and i beat a hemi x-cab from a stoplight before...

so i don't know why everyone puts so much clout in the hemi's i think there overrated?.. to be specific on my truck before i get flamed by the guy with the tbss and the ram..

my 03 was a 285hp 5.3 with open rear 3.73's super chip and turned down fm 40's..

my 05 was a 295hp 5.3 with locking rear 3.73's and only the before mentioned exhaust..

my brothers ram had 3.93's i think i'm sure? but a little taller tire then my :chevy:

so gearing was about the same..

and i'm not sure about the other one's but there still supposed to have 50-60 more hp then either of my old trucks.. i know my V-max 2wd 4.10's and true duel super 40's. will take out any stock hemi and probably some with light mods.. just raced a lightning but will post that in a new topic.. :D

You sound a little over confident. :D I'm not here to argue with anyone, so I really don't know why you felt like you had to call me out :dunno: I'll be more than happy to smoke your truck if you want to set it up. I'll even let you pick which one :jester: Please, go back and read every post I've made over here. I've never once flamed anyone for outrunnig a ram :wtf:

Honestly I always get a kick out of all of this. On this site the chevy always wins. On the dodge site the dodge always wins :crackup: I really don't worry myself over it, cause all I care about is the one beside me, doesn't matter to me how many hemi's he's already out ran.

Edited by 2006LS2TB (see edit history)

Honestly I always get a kick out of all of this. On this site the chevy always wins. On the dodge site the dodge always wins :crackup: 

:lol:

When I first started posting here I thought the SSS was about a second faster than the Hemi Ram, but after reading and reading both here and MoPar sites, I know when to take things with a grain of salt....

;)

2006_superado- if the above truck is what you took on a Lightning with from a roll and only lost by 1 1/2 lengths, I gotta say- IF your truck is stock you definitely have a faster truck of that kind than most.

How badly can you beat a stock SSS by?

You sound a little over confident. :D  I'm not here to argue with anyone, so I really don't know why you felt like you had to call me out :dunno:  I'll be more than happy to smoke your truck if you want to set it up. I'll even let you pick which one :jester: Please, go back and read every post I've made over here. I've never once flamed anyone for outrunnig a ram :wtf:

Honestly I always get a kick out of all of this. On this site the chevy always wins. On the dodge site the dodge always wins :crackup:  I really don't worry myself over it, cause all I care about is the one beside me, doesn't matter to me how many hemi's he's already out ran.

ls2tb, i was not trying to call you out, im sorry if it seemed that way.. it was wrong for me to involve you :dupe:. it's just from my experiences with chevys and dodges i have'nt lost? now what i was pointing out is that my old trucks had the 3.73's not all the 5.3's did so the one's with 3.23's would get there ass handed to them. i also said that once broken in my brothers truck was head to head with me i just added a couple mods and got ahead again, i was to cocky granted.. but how can you explain for the 60hp difference :confused: .

now on the single cab rumble bee i don't know why i beat him but it's the truth i thought the s-cab would win for sure.. but it did'nt.

i know your trucks are faster then mine, i said i knew i could beat a stock or lightly modded hemi ie: cai, exhuast.. minor stuff not like you have.. i'll be there soon but not yet :) it's just your the only guy here i seen with a hemi so i wanted to be clear on what my trucks were, i just figured you would chime in.

as far as a race goe's i just lost to a lightning (but not by much) and you say you run 13.8 with your mods, thats a stock lightning time so right now you will win but with the same mods i'm thinking my x-cab will hang with your s-cab.

are you in so-cal?... if so maybe we could meet up and run are trucks at a track just for fun i might go wendsday to lacr so maybe then?.. i'm looking to make friends on here not enemy's. so if i stepped on your toe's i'm sorry it was not intended as hemi bashing, just chevy praising. it's just everyone seemed so scared of the hemi and i've never had a reason to (stock vs stock) i actualy considered a hemi before my 03 but i liked everything about the chevy better but thats just my oppinion... i do wish chevy would make some special package trucks like the rumble bees and daytona's there hot trucks (dodge was always bolder with there paint schemes) sorry for the long winded reply i just have a lot to say :D so i hope were cool :cheers:

Honestly I always get a kick out of all of this. On this site the chevy always wins. On the dodge site the dodge always wins :crackup: 

:lol:

When I first started posting here I thought the SSS was about a second faster than the Hemi Ram, but after reading and reading both here and MoPar sites, I know when to take things with a grain of salt....

;)

2006_superado- if the above truck is what you took on a Lightning with from a roll and only lost by 1 1/2 lengths, I gotta say- IF your truck is stock you definitely have a faster truck of that kind than most.

How badly can you beat a stock SSS by?

moparguy, i never raced an SSS yet (any takers?..lol) but i figure i can beat a stock awd SSS and at least hang with the stock 2wd's if not beat it.. because of the 4.10 gears?.

o6vho said he ran a 14.80 stock and there the same truck except mine has the 4.10's and his has 3.73's.. i also have the duels. so i would guess just a ballpark figure maybe 14.5-14.7 with good conditions?.

i know my times will be slow at my track (lacr) because the elevation (3000ft) and also the hot temps won't help.. but i'll find out wendsday..