My baby is in the shop :(

BumpinSS

I was headed to a car dealer in town to go look at a 300zx that they got in used for a sister for my 350Z when I was on the highway and something made 'BOTH' front tires blow and put me in a fence.. :banghead: the side of the truck is scraped up from barbed wire, the pasenger wheel snapped in two and broke my rotor off and my front bumper is in peices. No major frame or engine damage but it looks like I'm gonna need an entirely new axel, wheels, paint and bumper :( . I'll try and get some pictures of the damage at the shop, I still don't have a camera and it was too bright to take any with my phone. Really pisses me off, there was no evidence of anything in the road but first the drivers side blew then the passenger tire blew one after the other and they were brand new tires...

Wow. Glad you weren't hurt. Sorry to hear. Sounds like a freak thing. Surprised the wheel came apart - stock wheel?

There was a thing here a while back where kids were throwing roofing nails all over the road. See anything in the tires?

Yea stock wheels, the wheel broke 2 of the 5 points of the star off because it nailed the ditch when I hit. I just got a call from a trooper who was on scene when I got towed out who said I hit a pop can that someone filled full of cement, which I didn't even see in the road, but he showed me the can and whoever did it painted the can black and filled it with cement, but I told him that only explains one tire blowing. Needless to say if I find out who layed the can there I'v got a nice bill for them coming soon. :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't update sooner, my insurance totalled it out. Seems as though there was frame damage that I couldn't see when I was at the scene that they found at the shop. :cry: I'm not sure what to do now... I gotta decide on a new truck or SUV now and I'm stuck deciding between a new SS or making a clone out of a single cab SS and dropping a nice motor in it, or buying an SRT8 Cherokee and seeing what I can do with one of those. :banghead:

Edited by BumpinSS (see edit history)

wow man they totalled it out? That is nutz, I thought grames werent even that expensive for out trucks, i was quoted at a little over 3gs when I bent in my access hole under my frame, but there wasnt any major damage so i opted to leave it alone.

They said State Farm will total a vehicle that has any frame damage. This pisses me off. Lost my show car a year ago after getting hit headon and totalling it out, then I put some pride and money into my truck and poof now its gone. I need a freaking tank. :(

• 1 month later...

A little Update:

I decided to get an SS Silverado again and found another Victory Red 03 SS with 18,000 miles on it at a steal of a price. I sold my 350Z and decided not to build up the SS the way I intended but instead throw a S/C on there and let her be done. After selling my 350Z I went with my dad and went halves and ordered a C6 Corvette in the Atomic Orange as a project. :driving: We plan to throw the APS TT under the hood when she arrives along with a Lingenfelter hood and front lip.