Anyone have Magnaflow??

bigvette

:banghead: Having a real issue finding a muffler to replace the stock SSS.. The only (nearly) match that I can find (2 3/4" dual in / 3" dual out) ( I know, the secondary out is a fake), is from magnaflow ( dual 3" in & out).. Everybody wants to replace the entire setup with 2 1/2" single in / 3" out systems... That just doesn't make sense - as the bigger tubes (especially the duals) have to flow more than a narrower single. Anyone have opinions / or advise, I would appreciate the input...

Thanks

i have a magnaflow muffler dual in dual out 3 inch. The only thing that i do notice is that the noise inside the cab, while cruising at speeds ranging from 65 mph to 75 mph, is very (very very very) loud.

so, if you like loud, i guess it's ok. just turn up the radio a bit.

AUTOGUY:

How is the interior resonance on that setup? How about the exterior sound?

:dunno: OK guys, I went with the MagnaFlow 3" D in / D out muffler and the above post was right - IT IS LOUD inside the truck..It is almost embarassing in city traffic since I haven't been to see Bryan yet - hoping that his tune will balance the power range a bit. Being a big dummy at this, someone mentioned the addition of an X pipe to reduce the noise level.. Here's the question - Where does the pipe go ( in front of the muffler?)? and how does that reduce interior noise levels?? Thanks in advance for your input////// :flag:

I run LT's -> cats -> 3" X -> 3" I/O 6x30 rounds -> turn downs behind the bumper.

No resonance and completely quiet cruising but it sounds very deep at idle and when getting on it. The round Magnaflows have direct chamber through them so the flow's unrestricted at high RPM. This is the best exhaust system I've ever had out of a dozen V8's/muscle cars.