the 91 ss truck runs again!

Just thought i'd share some pics I took today after I spent all last week and the week before building the engine and installing it with all of our polished parts this time for show! It runs pretty damn strong this time even barely tuned, today was the first time this engine went around the block. I hope to see this one on the dyno soon! I know I don't need to hear about how it needs to be intercooled and how much more power it will make with intercoolers... This is our base twin turbo engine kit and the truck is just a chassis for testing it in.

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

:withstupid:

I really like the air intakes built into where the lower fog lights used to be.  Great idea.  Manage to get a filter behind each one of those intakes??

Looks really good. :cool:

thats effin bad ass get more pics when you get a chance and post up that dyno

I really like the air intakes built into where the lower fog lights used to be.  Great idea.  Manage to get a filter behind each one of those intakes??

Jon, are you the lucky guy who works at banks or is that another memeber?

Or were you the one that sees Jay Leno at your shop every once and a while because you do work on his cars?

Sorry for all the Q's and get us some numbers for that bad boy when you get the dyno and tune done

Yup there is a filter in those boxes you see there under the hood right behind the intakes.

Jon, are you the lucky guy who works at banks or is that another memeber?

Or were you the one that sees Jay Leno at your shop every once and a while because you do work on his cars?

Sorry for all the Q's and get us some numbers for that bad boy when you get the dyno and tune done

Thats me

Well I just changed the compressor housings today it had .96a/r's on it and it made an easy 800hp on the engine dyno with them. We had switched them to .81a/r's on the dyno intercooled it and made 1150hp on the engine dyno. Well today I installed .69a/r's and I must say this thing makes 12lbs of boost in a hurry and will spin the tires through 4th gear :eek:

what inntercooler? where is it located? is it a large OBX stlye or a thinner diesel type?or is it W2A??

:jester: hows the twin-turbo Duramax SS coming (my dream too) :devil:  :cool:

I stated I know there is no intercooler since this is our base engine. I just stated that because everytime someone sees it they feel the need to tell me we could make more power with an intercooler. I'm pretty damn sure Gale and everyone on the planet knows this, but it's not madatory to have an intercooer to make good power. Without tubing the truck and having some huge sticky tires on it which wouldn't really make it streetable, we can barely use the power we have on the street.