SS is sick

The outlaw CAI kit tells you to disconnect the battery and let the PCM "reset" to "learn" the new fresh air, but I dont see it throwing codes either. I think your problems lie elsewhere. You could have an electrical gremlin, who knows. Hope it works out for you though.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:withstupid: The air cleaner by itself is going to make little difference to the engine; combined with other mods that is a different story but by itself I also doubt it is the source of your SES light. Even though the light went out that code should be buffered in memory and readable; see what the code is...

Mr. P.

Hey RevRace!!! Wanna help an SS brother out?

Its that, or I have to take it back to the dealer.

The truck seems to not be shifting at the right time, and if i get it up to 60 @ 4000 RPM, you can hear it misfiring, and what not..

yet, if i push it to 60 mph @ 5000 RPM, flashing SES light .. which goes away if i slow down and let off the gas for about 60 seconds.

Light only comes on when its at high RPM's.. like merging onto the highway ( you know those situations.. :) ).. but then the SES light does turn off after about 60 seconds. I may have onstar run a diag to see if it shows anything else popping up.

Truck Idles fine, but even around the town at 30 MPH or so, it just doesnt seem to feel like a HO 6.0L engine.. feels like a V6.

Hey RevRace!!! Wanna help an SS brother out?

Its that, or I have to take it back to the dealer.

The truck seems to not be shifting at the right time, and if i get it up to 60 @ 4000 RPM, you can hear it misfiring, and what not..

yet, if i push it to 60 mph @ 5000 RPM, flashing SES light .. which goes away if i slow down and let off the gas for about 60 seconds.

If it's doing it that reliably then there should be no problem reproducing the behavior for the dealer.

true, but i just know im gonna hear "its because you have that K&N filter on there..."..

then it will be 2 days of argueing that the K&N is not the cause.

If AutoZone could pull the latest codes, that would help a ton..

does the computer store the last codes thrown if the SES stopped flashing?

Stop F@#$%ing around with that dealer. PM revolutionraceworks, he's local to you, knows these trucks in and out, hes less expensive than a dealer (I understand you have a warranty) and he wont BS you. If you have a cracked piston, you will know, if its wires and plugs, you will know.

I am seriously starting to think you have a cracked piston. I had the same thing happen in a stock L67 gm 3800 supercharged V6 engine. My car was fine and idle and cruising, started having misfires and the SES light under load. Abotu 2k miles after i started having the trouble and replacing the coils/wires/plugs etc...BOOM...the piston came apart completely. I really am beginning to think you ahve a mechanical failure. Broken valve springs would cause this as well. You really need to stop dicking around with the same dumb dealer and get some real answers.

If you come back on here saying you took it back to the dealer, I am going to pound you. :smash::crackup:

If you are concerned about the intake, put the stock one back on. What does it take, 10 minutes?

Personally, I wouldn't take it to anyone other than the dealer. You have already paid for a fix - somewhat. Keep going back until they take care of it the way they should have in the first place.

A code reader will not read a code that doesn't stay, or doesn't show as a pending code. I have never been able to scan a flashing SES after it went away - it means misfire. What more do you need to know?

If someone had logging software you could go to that cylinder, but that is it. Almost sounds to me like your injector harness has been mis-matched.

If it is something more serious, then it is the dealer that is going to have to fix that in the first place. Keep going back and you'll have a good case for the lemon law.