SS is sick

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do want the dealer to fix it properly. I dont want to put the stock airbox on because i know that isnt the cause.

What Id like to do is diagnose what the problem is, then go back to the dealer and say "you didnt fix the underlying problem.. this is it.. fix it!"

after my talk with the service manager, I get the impression that if I were to come back, facts in hand, Id be able to argue a refund for the initial work.. yeah i hear ya.. 'a refund from the dealer'.. but trust me, ive gotten refunds from tougher people after proving them wrong.

I do want the dealer to fix it properly. I dont want to put the stock airbox on because i know that isnt the cause.

What Id like to do is diagnose what the problem is, then go back to the dealer and say "you didnt fix the underlying problem.. this is it.. fix it!"

after my talk with the service manager, I get the impression that if I were to come back, facts in hand, Id be able to argue a refund for the initial work.. yeah i hear ya.. 'a refund from the dealer'.. but trust me, ive gotten refunds from tougher people after proving them wrong.

The idea of putting the stock airbox back in is to prove to them that is not it and not give them a way out. Fact is oiled filters have caused legitimate problems that we address on here fairly regularly. It would give you a better leg to stand on. I would do it to throw it back in their face for spite and nothing else.

Rev came out to see me Friday.

He's taking some logs to Zippy to see whuts up.

Initially it looks like the MAF is bad.. so ill have to swap air intakes, go to a new dealer and get the MAF warrantied.

on top of that, yesterday i threw a P0420 code.

Looks like something with the emissions, possibly the CAT..even though I dont smell roten eggs.

Could the CAT have been damaged by Cylinder #3's injector malfunctioning?

that code shows Bank1 emissions..

oh, when this is done, im gonna go for a zippy tune for sure!

AH HA! I talked to the tech at the dealer.. he sounded like he just got beat up.. he confessed it was a bad CAT, and that they'd have one in the morning to install.. i get a rent a wreck for the mean time.

Yes, I took it back to the dealer.. but only cuz i threw that P0420 code, which talked about a bad CAT, and I figured they should do the work for warranty.

I did tell them Id be happy to put the stock airbox on, so they can be comfortable in not lying to GM about doing warranty work on the MAF sensor, if that was determined to be a problem. The tech said "Dont worry, Ill talk to Joe (the boss that I talked to last time), and see what we can get done".

Now, I dont trust the dealer really, but Im making them stay on the problem until its pefected.. then I call GM and complain about them.!!

SS is fixed!!!

2 new cats and it runs better than when i bought it in 2004!!!!!

im really happy.

tomorrow im calling GM to bitch about the induction and injector cleaned they fleeced me out of.

hey Rev.. next time you're in town, lets go for a ride man!!!! I owe you at least a nice dinner!!!!!!

Hey CraigW.. i ground all the rust off the Flowmasters you gave me and painted them Dark Chevy Blue with Ceramic Engine paint (good for 500 degrees).

I think im gonna get them put on this weekend.

that, and my painted engine covers are on now.

PLUS.. i sold my townhouse!!

yeah man. i was just about to post this here..

me and a buddy just put CraigW's flowmasters on.

we didnt have nice mandrel bent tubes for the sections missing from Craig's kit, so we made a couple peices and welded them on.

the whole thing is painted Dark Blue with Ceramic heat reistant paint.

the tip is a chrome 4 inch tip, the type you screw on with 3 screws.. but we welded that on too!!

thanks so much CraigW for the kit.. sounds exactly how I wanted it to!!

AND my Average MPG went from 13.4 to over 16 around town!! yeah!!!

i have not track tested it yet.. cuz i need an .. ahem Zippy tune!!! Hey Rev!! when you comming back my way? :flag:

and we got my stock exhaust off all in one peice!! didnt have to cut anything!!!

so, do I hold it, or put it up for sale now? (the exhaust. not the SSS)

ok check this out! im shocked!

The dealership called me to see how satisfied I was with the last service call i had (the cat replacements).

I basically rated them a 1 out of 4.. being very very poor. I explained how I was NOT happy with having to pay for an induction flush and an injector cleaning when that did not solve the problem.

Welll, the lady that called me is the wife of the owner of the dealership!!!

The owner called the service manager and properly reamed him!

The service manager called me and we talked for about a half hour about how I feel i paid for something that did NOT fix the problem, and how I had to get it diagnosed 3rd hand (thanks again Rev!).

Of course, he's trying to tell me im wrong, and how it was explained to me.. lalala.

basically, I agreed to get a refund check for the injector cleaning, since they cleaned them, and my root problem was a bad injector, which led to bad cats, thus 4 trips, and 2 rental cars (which they paid for). I said that I would meet them halfway, and say the induction flush was part of a general troubleshooting trip.

so, i got 1/2 my spent money back..

Told ya Id get SOMETHING back from the dealer.. muwhwhahahahaahahaaaa.

I think they were afraid Id call GM to complain, which I was going to do, and I told them that..

Of course, Ill never go back to that dealership again.. ill go to one in the next county..