May have spotted a Tahoe SS?

Driving down the hwy about a week ago, a friend and I saw what we (from a distance) thought was a silverado SS. However, as it passed us we realized it was a tahoe SS. I said to my friend, "someone bought aftermarket stuff to clone it and did a damn good job." To which he replys, "no, it has d-tags and a dealer sticker in the window!" Sure enough, it did! I have searched my ass off on the internet trying to find things related to a "production" Tahoe SS... I've come up short. Could someone possibly shed some light on the subject? It looked just like the original concept did; old style front end, SSS front bumper cover, SSS wheels, etc. Here are some pics for those of you who haven't seen it before.

http://e-carzone.com/chevrolet/tahoe-ss/2.shtml

http://e-carzone.com/chevrolet/tahoe-ss/1.shtml

Please help, I may be going insane!!!!! :crazy:

P.S. It looked badass in person!!

-K-

Edited by KoreySS (see edit history)

it has been posted before, i think it looks sweet . id definatly drive one but with that weight they would have to at least drop in the ls2 to make it worthy of the ss badges!

Ive never seen one, didn't know they existed. Still not sure if it is a one-off or something a dealer was doing to respond to demand. If its real, why didn't Chevy mention it in the brochure?

Ive never seen one, didn't know they existed.  Still not sure if it is a one-off or something a dealer was doing to respond to demand.  If its real, why didn't Chevy mention it in the brochure?

They are custom built,usually by a custom shop and sold as new conversions,the pics of the one you show has a street sceene bumper up front with ss badges,and a few other gm parts,when i built mine i used ALL current silverado SS parts and a few A/M parts to come up with my rendering of what gm should have offered us.

:cool:

Ive never seen one, didn't know they existed.  Still not sure if it is a one-off or something a dealer was doing to respond to demand.  If its real, why didn't Chevy mention it in the brochure?

They are custom built,usually by a custom shop and sold as new conversions,the pics of the one you show has a street sceene bumper up front with ss badges,and a few other gm parts,when i built mine i used ALL current silverado SS parts and a few A/M parts to come up with my rendering of what gm should have offered us.

damn, thats pretty sweet!! can we see some more pics?

I have a friend who owns a Chevy dealership and an uncle who's a Chevy truck manager and each has told me independently that there will be a new, production Tahoe SS for 2008...

:chevy:

If Chevy had built Tahoe's and Suburbans like yours, we could have seen GMT800 last a nother 5 years.

Your truck looks fantastic :thumbs:

Btw, I knew that was a StreetScene bumper already :)

Edited by StealthSS (see edit history)