Chicago Rant

.justin.

WTF is up with Chicago being a major airline hub point???

Seriously, this city sees more shitty weather than any other airport and yet it sees a metric asston of traffic. Who was the ****ing dumbass that decided it would be a good idea to put a major international airport on the edge of a giant lake where weather issues were known to have occured??

I left San Jose, CA for DC with a stopoff in Chicago at noon today. Took FOUR hours longer than expected to get here, and when I did, I sprinted across three terminals to get to my gate just a mere 2 minutes before the delayed departure time, just to find out the flight had been canceled. Mother ****ers. I'm stuck here overnight now, until around 5pm tomorrow. No rental cars available in the city, no hotel rooms available. Just me sitting here bitching and moaning with some car salesman from Witchita, KS that had a 3pm flight canceled and he might not be able to get home til saturady.

This airport F*ing SUCKS!

Edited by .justin. (see edit history)

Seriously, this city sees more shitty weather than any other airport and yet it sees a metric asston of traffic.  Who was the ****ing dumbass that decided it would be a good idea to put a major international airport on the edge of a giant lake where weather issues were known to have occured??

I left San Jose, CA for DC with a stopoff in Chicago at noon today.  Took FOUR hours longer than expected to get here, and when I did, I sprinted across three terminals to get to my gate just a mere 2 minutes before the delayed departure time, just to find out the flight had been canceled.  Mother ****ers.  I'm stuck here overnight now, until around 5pm tomorrow.  No rental cars available in the city, no hotel rooms available.  Just me sitting here bitching and moaning with some car salesman from Witchita, KS that had a 3pm flight canceled and he might not be able to get home til saturady.

Well, tell us how you really feel. :crackup:

Chicago is actually my favorite city. I may move back there before I kick off.

Yeah I agree, everytime I've been through Chicago it's rained. But hey, we can all look forward to global warming to change that, maybe in 30-50 years all of us will be retiring next-door to Zippy :D

Mr. P. :)

You can't go to hell without going through Chicago (if flying United) Ive had my fair share of delays and strandings at O'Hare...can't say I like it much myself. The town itself is pretty cool, but not my first choice to live in.

Better than flying on one engine from Salt Lake to LAX.

Im in the bay area as we speak. How did you ever leave such an awesome place and go to Chicago?

Seriously, this city sees more shitty weather than any other airport and yet it sees a metric asston of traffic.  Who was the ****ing dumbass that decided it would be a good idea to put a major international airport on the edge of a giant lake where weather issues were known to have occured??

I left San Jose, CA for DC with a stopoff in Chicago at noon today.  Took FOUR hours longer than expected to get here, and when I did, I sprinted across three terminals to get to my gate just a mere 2 minutes before the delayed departure time, just to find out the flight had been canceled.  Mother ****ers.  I'm stuck here overnight now, until around 5pm tomorrow.  No rental cars available in the city, no hotel rooms available.  Just me sitting here bitching and moaning with some car salesman from Witchita, KS that had a 3pm flight canceled and he might not be able to get home til saturady.

Yeah, I'm from that area... about an hr west. My gf and I went to Vegas in March and we had a 4 hr delay. Really ticked me off. I'm not 100% familiar with the area around the airport. I do know how much it sucks waiting in ohare though! Theres only so many snacks at mcdonalds a person can take!

Edited by ThePDB (see edit history)

I have walked through that airport at lease 150 times in the past 5 years. I actually love Chicago. Try landing in the F terminal and trying to catch a flight in C!!! Now that is a hike :ughdance:

Anyway, I haven't been there in a while but Chili's in terminal B isn't bad price wise and quality wise. If you need to get a hotel, DO NOT GO TO THE HILTON at the airport. Very overpriced. Call Holiday Inn just down the road and have them pick you up.

You should be loving it! The eye candy in the Summer at that airport is great. :D

Hey ThePDP, you aren't from the Crystal Lake area by any chance are ya?

Well, tell us how you really feel. :crackup:

Chicago is actually my favorite city. I may move back there before I kick off.

:D

The city itself may be great, but every time I've flown through, I've been screwed in some way, shape, or form. Finally got out on the 4th standby flight I attempted today...