just raced a lightning!....

2006_superado

i raced a lightning last night in the valley... he past me by and we were coming to a stop light so i droped into low as i slowed down to call him out :D so i cought up to him exhaust blazing/popping :devil: and when i got on the side of him we were going about 5-10mph the light turned green before we stopped and he hit it 1'st (i was about a fender lenght ahead) so i hit it to!.. and man he was pulling on me but barely!.. he got me by about a truck and half by 80-85! thats almost a full 1/4 maybe he would have me by 2 lenghts in the full 1/4 :jester: it sounded stock

but are'nt they running like 13.8 stock or something?... even if he was a bad driver that means i still gotta be in the 14's somewhere?.. and that is great to me for a basicily stock truck! :jester: i can't wait until i get some mods on this truck... anyone else have a run-in with a lightning let me know? i thought i was going to be toasted for a second.. but now i know i can compete with some basic mod's..

i know i lost but to me it was a victory :)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he got me by about a truck and half by 80-85!

A Lightning from a roll beat you by a truck and a half? You should be happier than happy.

What kind of truck do you have?!?!?

:confused:

moparguy, it's a 06 v-max 6.0 LQ9 2WD like an SS but with 4.10 gears, only mod is the dual FM super 40's and i was extremely happy to lose by that much! :jester:

i got spanked on the highway ,i was going slow to tease him he punched it and i heard the supercharger winding up, he goes past me so i get on it to see if o got somethin for him guess not i lose ohh welll but i would luv to beat one so dont feel bad

He should have had you by more than that from a rol! :dunno:

BTW: SSS have 4.10's also!

-K-

2wd V-max's have 3.73's too.

4wd V-max's get the HD pumpkin w/ 4.10s for towing

Superado, you're probly high 14's, stock. Stock vs. stock, Lightnings devour us all.

Edited by Sum 1 (see edit history)

-K-

Superado, you're probly high 14's, stock. Stock vs. stock, Lightnings devour us all.

2wd x-cab's have 4.10's like mine.

2wd crew's have 3.73's check chevys web site and you'll see...

also if you want i can scan my window sticker, if you don't believe me?.

and the SSS 2wd doe's have 3.73's like the "performance edition" (mechanical SSS clone) of the V-max..

mine is the "performance package" option.

and the SSS 2wd doe's have 3.73's like the "performance edition" (mechanical SSS clone) of the V-max..

Nah dude, I believe you.

When I "built" mine on the Chevy site, I never opted for anything other than a CC.

Good info, thanks.

Nah dude, I believe you.

When I "built" mine on the Chevy site, I never opted for anything other than a CC.

Good info, thanks.

no problem just thought i'd clear up the confusion :confused: it gets a bit tricky with all the packages they offer.. for 07 you can now get the 5.3HO 310hp that used to only come in the Z71!.. that should be pretty quick in a regular cab!... even more so if you get the light duty power pack and 3.73's that would be a mean little truck :devil:

-K-

You just said like the SS. So I assumed we were talking about an SS, not a v-max or a VHO? :dunno: From '03- half of '05 they were all AWD w/ 4.10's.

-K-

Edited by KoreySS (see edit history)

I've got 3.73's on my 2wd Vortec Max.

i noticed you have the factory 20's so i'm taking a shot in the dark here but you probably have the equal to the "performance edition" silverado, which is an SSS in street cloths... the "performance package" i have is a slightly different animal.. i won't get into the details again just read the whole topic and you'll see the difference's.. btw nice truck! :cheers: