Big Oil rakes in historic profits...

NorCalSS

Link- Big oil rakes in historic profits

Here's some food for thought that I learned today...

"4 of the 5 largest oil companies have recorded profits for just one quarter totalling 30 billion dollars."

"Profit up 75% to $9.9 billion. That's the second-most a U.S. company has earned in a three-month period, a USA TODAY analysis of data from Capital IQ found. It's greater than the annual gross domestic product of entire nations, including Niger, Zambia and Iceland."

"After paying the bills for the operating costs of running oil refineries, and gas stations, 400,000 employee wages, from April to June 2006, "Big Oil" took in more than 280 million dollars a day to the bank. Up 39% from last year's profits."

"And what are the people who are making this money doing with it? Buying stock in their own company, which is likely to render shareholders and executives richer because buybacks help raise the value of the stock and bigger dividend payouts in the end."

In a statement, Exxon CEO Lee Raymond defended his company. "We acted responsibly in pricing at our company-operated service stations, and we also encouraged our independent retailers and distributors to do the same," he said.

I just ended up paying $78.00 to fill up my tank of gas at $3.31 a gallon premium and worked a 40 hour week! What a bunch of B.S.! :puke:

"By the time you end up finish reading this post, which is about a minute, "Big Oil" will have made about $250,000 per minute, more than the average income of a household for one year."

Yea that really sucks. I think these oil excutives need to be taken out back and giving a real good ass wooping :D

We spent well over $200 in gas just this weekend doing some running around and playing on our waverunners :banghead: and I need to fill my truck up again :mad:

I feel so lied to - here I was under the impression we were going to war for oil.  I was so excited, I could SMELL premium at $.50/gal...  :jester:

:withstupid: Bastards, i even would of settled for .75/gal :banghead:

Edited by fox_forma (see edit history)