Amps installed on back wall

How did all you guys with the amps mounted on the back wall mount them. :dunno: I mounted mine on a piece of 5/8" mdf board, but I just have it loose back there. I don't want to drive screws through the back wall. I was just wondering how you guys that have done it, do it?? Any ideas?? Thanks!!

I didn't want to drill holes in my back wall either! So what I did was, take 1/2" or maybe it was 3/4" plywood and I glued it to the back wall. I also notched the plywood at the bottom for those bolts. After that I glued down some black carpet and it was done. Then I just drilled down the amps and such with wood screws. The glue I used was some type of industrial strength glue that came in a caulking gun form. Here are some pics.

148353610.jpg

148353602.jpg

148353596.jpg

r8rs4lf, I have a question about how you mounted your stuff. I noticed on the back wall as it goes up there is a hump kinda so it would make a piece of wood come out towards the seat more, did you still mount over that? Also how did you get that tab off where your wires are showing on the top of the cab? I didnt want to break it when I was trying to pull mine so I just let it be

How did all you guys with the amps mounted on the back wall mount them.  :dunno: I mounted mine on a piece of 5/8" mdf board, but I just have it loose back there.  I don't want to drive screws through the back wall.  I was just wondering how you guys that have done it, do it??  Any ideas??  Thanks!!

I took the baby seat belt hangers off bent the tab flat and flipped them up side down and backwards ,It will wedge the board.

How did all you guys with the amps mounted on the back wall mount them.   :dunno: I mounted mine on a piece of 5/8" mdf board, but I just have it loose back there.  I don't want to drive screws through the back wall.  I was just wondering how you guys that have done it, do it??  Any ideas??  Thanks!!

I took the baby seat belt hangers off bent the tab flat and flipped them up side down and backwards ,It will wedge the board.

I didn't think about that, cool thanks!!

i put holes in the wall not a big deal to me, with some sound deadner.

How much sound deadner did you use?? Did you do the whole truck??

about 150sqft i think. yup did whole truck except roof

Do you not get vibration from the headliner (sheet metal)??

r8rs4lf, I have a question about how you mounted your stuff.  I noticed on the back wall as it goes up there is a hump kinda so it would make a piece of wood come out towards the seat more, did you still mount over that?  It's kind of hard for me to picture what you are talking about now that I have done this a while back. If you look at your back wall and see how far I went up with the wood, I'm sure you will get your answer. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Also how did you get that tab off where your wires are showing on the top of the cab?  I didnt want to break it when I was trying to pull mine so I just let it be Again, it's been a while and I can't recall what was there before. I probably just broke the thing off whatever it was. If you have some pics of how it looks from the factory, I probably could give you better answers. Again sorry I can't be of more help.

nevermind, i am completely off, i was looking at your pic wrong, i thought you went higher up with the wood for mounting but i saw it wrong.

Anyhow, did you just rip out all the stock factory padding at least or was there an easy way of pulling it out. I started pulling on it but wasnt sure so I left it in and I was able to wedge a piece of MDF under the padding and mount it that way but i would def like to clean it up eventually

Anyhow, did you just rip out all the stock factory padding at least or was there an easy way of pulling it out.  I started pulling on it but wasnt sure so I left it in and I was able to wedge a piece of MDF under the padding and mount it that way but i would def like to clean it up eventually I did remove all the padding. No special way to do it, I just ripped it out. It's held in place with these little push tabs. When I did cut the plywood though, I made sure I made it long enough (door to door) to go under those plastic pieces on the side. They actually help with keeping the wood up against the wall a bit.