How does a Corsa Touring sound...

Anyone have a touring with either a cam or headers. My v-max with the touring isn't as loud as my brothers stock SS or my mom's stock Escalade! I know thats how its supposed to be though, and its supposed to break in more (I've had it on a few weeks though?). I am eventually going to put headers and a cam on, probably headers first. Just wondering how much louder it gets and how the sound changes? Sound clips are highly welcomed too!

Thanks for the clip zick  :thumbs:  Is that the touring or the sport? Headers or cam? If its the touring, when you roll down your window while driving can you hear it now? Did it make the in-cab noise level higher too?

Most of everything I have is in my sig.

Its a TR230/224 cam with stock exhaust until the Corsa Touring catback.

If I roll down the windows I can't really hear it much at cruising speeds but I can when accelerating.

In cab is completly silent when crusing, you can hear it slightly when getting on it and you can still hear it pretty good at WOT inside. But you do not get any drone with this setup, which is what I love about it. :cool:

Thanks for the clip zick  :thumbs:  Is that the touring or the sport? Headers or cam? If its the touring, when you roll down your window while driving can you hear it now? Did it make the in-cab noise level higher too?

If I roll down the windows I can't really hear it much at cruising speeds but I can when accelerating.

In cab is completly silent when crusing, you can hear it slightly when getting on it and you can still hear it pretty good at WOT inside. But you do not get any drone with this setup, which is what I love about it. :cool:

So that clip was with the stock exhaust? I'm still tryin to learn about cam's because I have no Idea what those numbers mean, but is that a pretty mild one? I want to get somthin that is different from stock but not in a negative way, its a daily driver. How did the power gains feel?

yah calichevy i am in the same boat as you...i want a cam but also do not know nothing about the numbers. i tried comp cams for a custom and they didnt really give me any help. oh well sooner or later i will have someone tell me exactly what cam i need.

yah calichevy i am in the same boat as you...i want a cam but also do not know nothing about the numbers. i tried comp cams for a custom and they didnt really give me any help. oh well sooner or later i will have someone tell me exactly what cam i need.

We can't always depend on others, because we'll never be sure if what they tell us is correct. So we gotta learn for ourselves I guess. Check this out: Cam Info

So that clip was with the stock exhaust? I'm still tryin to learn about cam's because I have no Idea what those numbers mean, but is that a pretty mild one? I want to get somthin that is different from stock but not in a negative way, its a daily driver. How did the power gains feel?

Stock manifolds, stock Y-pipe w/ cats, and then to the Corsa setup.

The cam I got I would say that is a medium sized cam for a 6.0.

The cam really depends on a lot of things, how you drive and how much you can tolerate in terms of driveablity. I consider mine very easy to drive once its been fully tuned.

The cam I got is hurting my low end but makes up for it in the high end. A larger stall (I currently have TB stall which stalls to about 2800) or more gearing would relieve some of that. Then you have to look at getting a tune, some cams are harder to tune then others (obviously the bigger you go the harder it is).

An all around favorite is the TR224 cam if you just wanna go with something that works.

The cam really depends on a lot of things, how you drive and how much you can tolerate in terms of driveablity. I consider mine very easy to drive once its been fully tuned.

The cam I got is hurting my low end but makes up for it in the high end. A larger stall (I currently have TB stall which stalls to about 2800) or more gearing would relieve some of that. Then you have to look at getting a tune, some cams are harder to tune then others (obviously the bigger you go the harder it is).

An all around favorite is the TR224 cam if you just wanna go with something that works.

Why did you decide to go with thunder racing over the other companies?

Why did you decide to go with thunder racing over the other companies?

Used them in the past with positive results, plus I bought this one used and got it for a lot cheaper than new. :D

• 3 weeks later...