Beat my gas mileage...

punkt71

I know I don't have the awd.. being it is a VHO and it is alot lighter..

But the best I have seen is stock was 26 mpg on the way to nevada last year.

Modified with heads cam and injectors..

I average between 75-80 mph highway.

who are you kidding? I think you meant 95-110!!!

he was drafting ...... :crackup:

at the risk of sounding stupid.. what exactly is "drafting" :confused: do you mean drifting :dunno: i just don't get it :crazy:

drafting is a technique used in nascar by riding the persons ass in front of you and the air flow is being all hit by the other person and going over you dreating less drag and better mpg!

he was drafting ...... :crackup:

at the risk of sounding stupid.. what exactly is "drafting" :confused: do you mean drifting :dunno: i just don't get it :crazy:

drafting is a technique used in nascar by riding the persons ass in front of you and the air flow is being all hit by the other person and going over you dreating less drag and better mpg!

now i get it.. :D but i was'nt doing that people were passing me :( doing 68-70mph on the 14 is realy slow average speeds are 80 and you still get passed doing that!.

but with these gas prices i'm ok with driving like a little old lady on a long trek if it gets me well over 20mpg's :D otherwise driving like i use to get's me about 18mpg and i'm not going to give up 5mpg's to save 5 minutes + i eat up enough gas when i'm having fun with it :jester:

I went from my house to Bass pro Shop in Miami had a full tank when i got back i topped it off. I put in 6 gallons. I went right at 118 miles i figure thats about 19.5 mpg. Or pretty close and i didnt go real slow ether if you know what i am sayin. Wasnt to bad i thought.

thats easy to beat just after you fill up reset the mpg and go easy on the throttle to about 45 mph and then let off the throttle and let coast you'll see like 24 i've done it just never thought anyone would be stupid enough to fall for such a cheap trick.

thats easy to beat just after you fill up reset the mpg and  go easy on the throttle to about 45 mph and then let off the throttle and let coast you'll see like 24 i've done it just never thought anyone would be stupid enough to fall for such a cheap trick.

not a trick if you don't believe it thats up to you :dunno: going down hill i can get 49-50mpg's... you don't see me post that :crackup: my old 2003 5.3 silvy with 3.73's got 21.5 from LA to houston at a steady 80mph.. if i would have slowed it down to say 68-70 like i was in my new truck i know it would have been better then the 23 i just recorded, at 80 it gets like 19mpg.

all i'm saying is i know what i got and it is possible.. if you drive like a parranoid old lady :crackup: fuel economy has everything to do with driving habits, i average 14mpg with all my driving mixed (city, hwy, burnouts! :devil: )

but it's great when i'm on the freeway and not in a hurry :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived