432/443 Baseline Radix MP112 data results

had a fantastic day yesterday working with btlfed1500 on the MP112 baseline test/tune. Understand when I refer to "we" the emphasis is heavily favoring the tuner and not myself.

The goal was to optimize the current calibration/setup, basically taking a stock Radix with basic bolt-ons as far as we could while staying safe for daily driving. Some interesting things of note, 1st, while we did the bulk of our testing with the converter locked. We saw no power gained from testing unlocked, the power curves essentally lay on top of each other. 2nd, due to the 2500HD converter being considerably looser than a typical 1500 series, we weren't able to lug the motor as low as I had originally thought we might, however it was consistent at its lockup point. 3rd, 7lbs of boost. 4th, all data corrected to the latest SAE standard. 5th, fuel pressure was 63psi at idle and 63psi WOT/6000rpms 3rd gear(in tank Walbro). 6th, all runs conducted with hood closed.

Max power gains over the stock magnacharger calibration are: +8rwhp, +9rwtq. However, the real benefit observed is with the power under the curve. You can see on the dyno graph the sections in the power curves that are +15rwhp +15rwtq. The net result is more usable power, sooner.

I am very pleased with the final baseline results that repeatedly showed 430rwhp/440rwtq. Figuring 18% driveline loss, roughly 505hp/520tq at the engine. Just after I bought the truck in late 04 I had it dyno'd bone stock and made 245rwhp, so for a stock LQ4 Radix setup(3.1" pulley) with basic bolt-ons (LT's, dual exhaust, CAI), and a custom tune, I'm pretty happy with the results so far as I'm up approx 185rwhp.

DSCN2020.jpg

DSCN2021.jpg

Edited by moregrip (see edit history)

What was your best with the MP112?

once we made a few jumps in power, we averaged about 430/440 peak, then looked for the most power under the curve. the two posted are the best peak, the second one posted made the best peak and best overall power and is the calibration currently loaded in the truck

When you say you looked for more power under the curve, I assume you mean part throttle??? Usually when I'm doing some dyno tuning I go from about 2500-XXXX and anything under that curve are numbers I've already beaten.

When you say you looked for more power under the curve, I assume you mean part throttle??? Usually when I'm doing some dyno tuning I go from about 2500-XXXX and anything under that curve are numbers I've already beaten.

by power under the curve I mean anything less than peak power #'s, preferrably in the most usable portion of the rpm range, application specific (i.e. having a higher stall converter).

thanks guys................are you referring to tranny durability?

yes... unless the new radix has a 2/4 band :crackup: , if so... i think i should stay the hell away from it :crackup:

btw nice A/F there...

I don't think my 4L80e is as suseptable to these things, but you never know :cheers: