Just got my Radix installed...

punkt71

I was in the LA area today picking up my truck from the shop who did my Radix install. 2 miles (!) down the street (keep in mind, I hadnt even went WOT yet with the Radix) I hit a light. Whaddya know? A red 99-04 Red convertible Corvette pulls up next to me with a Joe-Cool looking guy in the drivers seat. I dropped it in neutral and gave him a rev to hear the blower whine :devil: He revs HARD on me. That thing had the craziest exhaust I have heard in a long time... it was loud as hell! The light turned green and he got a slight jump on me as he chirped his tires, I punched it... and immedietly caught him and pulled about to where his front bumper was at the bed of my truck. We kept going until about 90 or so when I let off, but he wasnt able to get passed me so I let off. You should have seen this guys face! He kept looking over like WTF :mad: how is this guy keeping up with me?!? He took the next right and did a massive burnout around the corner and took off... lol.

Next race was my buddies 2001 Corvette with Ram-air intake and GHL exhaust and a Z06 clutch. He has been wanting to race my truck for a while.. so what a better time than when I have the Radix on! We ran 4 times... each from dead stops. Each time the same exact results. I would wait until I saw him launch, then I would launch it and pull 1.5-2 cars on him... and kept that distance until about 75 when he would start INCHING up to me.. at 100 he hadnt even caught up yet and thats where we stopped. At 100, he was still about 1 car back!

VERY impressed with the Radix this far. :driving:

Cant wait to get the GT2-3 cam....

right on man cant wait to run ya!!

im going to have to break in my new engine though should have the SS back this week, but its now cam-less :banghead: but who care i got a free engine :D

It should be a good run if you dont have your cam in it :) I just need to get this crappy flowmasters off the truck now... the 2 chambers in these mufflers cant help the increased exhaust coming out now... and the Radix made my exhaust loud as hell and they sound like crap now. I think I am going to go for the Magnaflow 12599 since it is straight thru with the xpipe. Plus I need some long tubes!!! Anyone wanna buy some JBA shorties ???

:cheers:

right on man cant wait to run ya!!

im going to have to break in my new engine though should have the SS back this week, but its now cam-less :banghead: but who care i got a free engine :D

It should be a good run if you dont have your cam in it :) I just need to get this crappy flowmasters off the truck now... the 2 chambers in these mufflers cant help the increased exhaust coming out now... and the Radix made my exhaust loud as hell and they sound like crap now. I think I am going to go for the Magnaflow 12599 since it is straight thru with the xpipe. Plus I need some long tubes!!! Anyone wanna buy some JBA shorties ???

:cheers:

i just bought the exact muffler i plan on installing my longtubes soon with it. i am also planning on gettin another cam though. most likely a little bigger . :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

Truck looked and sounded good the other day when I saw him... kinda unusal getting your ass handed to you in your new ride, by your old ride. :jester:

On an even better note... I already found the limitations of the TBSS tranny and rear end........ both had to be replaced this week... thank god for warranty work :banghead:

Truck looked and sounded good the other day when I saw him... kinda unusal getting your ass handed to you in your new ride, by your old ride.  :jester:

On an even better note... I already found the limitations of the TBSS tranny and rear end........ both had to be replaced this week... thank god for warranty work  :banghead:

They both crapped out on you? at same time? do you have anything done to the TBSS

How many miles?

They both crapped out on you? at same time? do you have anything done to the TBSS

How many miles?

yup... still not too clear on what happened with the trans, but some bearing in the rear failed.

I floored it from a stop and as I got thru the intersection it lurched HARD and then I just coasted to a stop... not a hint of any problems prior to that. Barely 7000 miles on the clock and all I've done is an exhaust, prototype CAI thats still being tested (should be able to show you guys soon :cool: ) and some very minor tweaking on the tune.

I was talkin' to Jon about it yesterday... I suggest GM just start including a backup tranny with every new vehicle purchase.... maybe some kind of quick change transmission, we all know we're gonna need one... its just a matter of when. :jester:

Nice part was they didn't give me a rebuilt trans... its all new... so hopefully I just had a weak tranny... if this thing can gernade a trans w/ basically stock HP I'm in trouble if I ever decide to get busy modding this thing heavily. :shakehead:

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

How much are you guys paying for the radix,and instalation :confused: I am mso tempted to get one :devil: My birthday is comming up and Ive been telling everyone that, thats what I want :crackup: So....I'll get a shirt or tie or something :crackup: Its the thought that counts anyways, good kills.

Damn Dylan.. sucks to hear about your tranny bro, I guess I can say I can relate :) Good thing they gave you a brand new tranny, and didnt have one of their dumbass techs rebuild it like mine.. 2 attempted tranny rebuilds... lasting a total of 300 miles! lol. Hopefully you just had some factory defects....

As far as where I got the Radix installed... I ended up going to JPA Performance in Chatsworth up in LA. I dont want to tell a price.. but I called plenty of people and did my homework.. and they installed it for pretty much HALF the price as anyone else.. and they even pinned my crank and tuned it. Plus the guy who installed it used to work for Magnacharger... and is a really cool guy. Professional service and great work. HIGHLY recommended.