clunking noise

• 2 weeks later...
if i hit the throttle fast and let off fast

that does not sound good. some trucks are drive by wire and I feel these quick throttle adjustments get confused or the truck does not like them :dunno:

Couldn't agree more. The 03's are the only drive by wire right? Mine doesn't mind a quick stab of the throttle unless I let off quickly, then it seems to get confused and won't upshift immediately. BUT, it never clunks.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the exact same noise when coast ing through traffic and its sounds like the torque converter is engaging at to high of an RPM

well it hasnt done it in awhile just that particular day... i think it is the viscious coupling in the transfer case... and at certain times and at certain loads under light throttle it will get confused sometimes..lol... but i think it is normal under certain conditions and loads ... i am surprised more things dont clunk and knock around with everything going on especially since mine has 4wheel steering