A week and the drop still skweeks and is ruff!

Blaker888

Ok wel I drop my truck 2/4 and it bounce like crazy in the rear and its really like stiff Im using stock shocks could that be the issue its alomost like jaring my teeth when I hit a uneven patch in the road!

Thanks for any help!

Ok wel I drop my truck 2/4 and it bounce like crazy in the rear and its really like stiff Im using stock shocks could that be the issue its alomost like jaring my teeth when I hit a uneven patch in the road!

Thanks for any help!

how did you lower it?... :confused: i'll assume you used shackles and hangers in the back.. hangers should be fine but i personaly don't like the shackles, if you think about it they extend the amount of travel the spring has allowing them to flex more caausing a softer ride.. also if you did'nt shorten your bump stops already your going to need to do that as well... you could elimnate the bracket that holds the bump stop and screw it directly into the frame (hole is already there for this) and if you need more space you can cut a notch of the bumpstop for more clearance.. doing this will keep your truck from bottoming out.

now as far as shocks go you could get away with stock if you lowered it just 2" but the 4" drop in the back will definetley need lowered shocks (might as well buy all 4 and have a matched set) as far as the front suspension if you used lowering springs it will get stiffer, spindles would keep it about stock.. let me know what you did in the front :dunno:

I used leaf springs and shackles and torsion keys in the front! I will remove that peice u were talking about in the rear and yes I have cut the bump stops. I will invest in buying new shocks to thanks guys!

no problem let us know how it turn's out.. :thumbs:

It's not the shocks I would have to say it's the bumpstops because IMO there is no room for any bumpstops at all. I have been running with no bump stops at all in the rear. BTW I am also dropped 4" in the rear and using stock shocks which seem to work just fine. Take the bump stops all the way out and take it around the block I almost gaurantee it will get 100% better.

I am using the Belltech leafs in the back with the supplied soft bumpstops. It is a little rough in the back still. How can you run no bumps at all? You must have great roads in Cali. I was driving 70 down the highway here in Texas and hit a dip (new road section) and it bottomed out hard.

do you relocate them higher?

I run the leaf packs as well, and I have no issues. I bolted the belltech bump stop directly to the frame. I feel more that my front is sloppy now, and will get the nitro shocks for the front to match the rears.

So if I replace the shocks and bump stops will it help soften the ride?

I am using the Belltech leafs in the back with the supplied soft bumpstops.  It is a little rough in the back still.  How can you run no bumps at all?  You must have great roads in Cali.  I was driving 70 down the highway here in Texas and hit a dip (new road section) and it bottomed out hard.

do you relocate them higher?

I don't drive it like a 4x4 over rough road because it's really bad for all of your suspension components. I guess the difference could be that I am running the stock leafs. I am dropped with shackles and hangers. Maybe it's not a good Idea for you guys with the leaf springs, but I know that in the rear of my truck at 4" of drop I only have 2" of clearance between the frame and the rearend and if I had any kind of bumpstop in there it would just make it rough riding.

I run the leaf packs as well, and I have no issues. I bolted the belltech bump stop directly to the frame. I feel more that my front is sloppy now, and will get the nitro shocks for the front to match the rears.

So if I replace the shocks and bump stops will it help soften the ride?

You may feel like you are bottoming out because of the bump stop, bolt them to the frame. There was a how to on this. Also the only thing shocks will do is slow the rate at which you feel them work, I don't really think the shocks are your issues. When I did the leaf packs belltech suggested the shocks though.

You may feel like you are bottoming out because of the bump stop, bolt them to the frame. There was a how to on this.

Ahh...found it in Mr. P's write up. Thanks kaotik, and you to Mr. P. :thumbs:

FWIW - I installed IAS shocks in the rear (for a drop of course).

I don't drive it like a 4x4 over rough road because it's really bad for all of your suspension components.

Honestly I don't either. It was going down I-35 which is one of two main N/S highways in Texas. Been down it 1,000,000 times with no issues. They had just paved a new section and I missed it. :uhoh:

Guess I have to pay more attention now. :banghead:

Ahh...found it in Mr. P's write up.  Thanks kaotik, and you to Mr. P.  :thumbs: ...
You're welcome - hope to see your truck in person soon!

Hey Mr. p and vho6.0 hung out  when I was home my girlfriend lives in denton  always see like 2 SS when I go back to North Richlad hills!

Let me know next time you are on your way back so *I* can buy dinner. :D

Mr. P. :)