Zaino'd the truck--PICS

red00lght

Well, tried Zaino for the first time. Did the wash, claybar, Z5/Z6, and then repeated the coats twice. My arm is tired!!! :cry::D

I took some pics of the beast! I also threw a pic in of my previous 99 Silverado that I had...it had lots of work done to update the look. I sort of miss the painted tonneau cover/wing that it had, but it was just more to wax and keep clean! My neighbors are convinced I stole my old truck back. :crazy:

I'm thinking about painting the front billet emblem SS letters black. What do ya think?

SSthree.jpg

SSone.jpg

SStwoplate.jpg

:wtf:

Rearaftersmall.jpg

SSfour.jpg

The Zaino is incredible at showing reflections. This pic was after the first coat:

SShood.jpg

man... everyone and their Zaino :banghead: I think I'm gonna have to break down and order some this week.... I've seen the difference, smelled the wax and now this last testimonial has got me so tired of taking everyone's word, so Im gonna give it a whirl :D

*Edit: Sorry forgot to tell you that your truck looks amazing!!! :thumbs: although you should paint that tanneau :dunno: just my $0.02....

Edited by montanass (see edit history)

I've always been a big fan of Mother's products. I used their claybar/wax kit on other vehicles. Zaino polish is in a much different league (so is the price :sigh: )....however, the claybar stuff itself was the same as Mother's.

Mother's is much quicker to use, but you get a deeper, richer shine with Zaino and I'll be interested to see how it holds up after the daily rainshowers down here. :)

seems like this stuff is supposed to be better than mothers. Anyone ever tried both of them?

I have done both. It is just super quality that affects the optics of the wax and makes it look better. If you get into it then Z6 is great it is like a candy shell for your car :cool:

Quote:

If you get into it then Z6 is great it is like a candy shell for your car :cool:

That is a perfect description of what it looks like....a hard black candy shell! :P The more I see the truck, the more I'm impressed with Zaino. Mother's/Maguires never produced the look that Zaino has. Hard to tell in pics, but in person you can see the difference.