Alpine Amp and 10s

Please tell me what you think. I want something that sounds pretty good, not looking to compete by any means. But I am thinking about getting the Alpine MRP-M650 Amp and 2 SWS-1022D 10" Subs.

Here are the specs:

MRP-M650 mono subwoofer amplifier

» 400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)

» variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)

» tuned Bass EQ (0-12 dB boost at 50 Hz)

» subsonic filter (15 Hz, 24 dB/octave)

» preamp- and speaker-level inputs

» 8-gauge amp wiring kit with 60-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier

» 12-13/16"W x 2-3/8"H x 9-9/16"D

» warranty: 1 year

SWS-1022D 10" subwoofers with dual 2-ohm voice coils

» Kevlar®-reinforced pulp cone with Santoprene rubber surround

» frequency response: 30-1,000 Hz

» power range (each): 50-300 watts RMS (150 watts per voice coil)

» sensitivity: 85 dB

» warranty: 1 year

Do you think I will be happy with this set up? Also I have heard getting a EQ and small amp for the front stock bose speakers. Was wondering what others are running or what you would recommend that I got with.

Thanks in advance :cheers:

Also I have heard getting a EQ and small amp for the front stock bose speakers. Was wondering what others are running or what you would recommend that I got with.

Thanks in advance :cheers:

Can't really help you on the technical side of things, but I can tell you what I got.

Alpine IVA-D310 head unit

Alpine MRA-D550 5 channel theater amp for the bose speakers

Alpine SBS-05DC 1 din center channel speaker

Punch 200 amp for subs

2 Rockford Fosgate P2 10"

Subthump box

148682728.jpg

148353602.jpg

That Punch 200 is mounted on the back wall now. Only the distribution block is mounted on the box now.

102922029.jpg

It all sounds great! The theater amp is bad @$$ because I can watch a DVD in 5.1 surround sound while in my truck. I don't have an external EQ, but the IVA-D310 along with the MRA-D550 theater amp allows me to adjust anything and everything via the internal EQ. The bose have handled everything I have thrown at them so far without a hitch. :thumbs: I don't plan on changing them out anytime soon.

That box you have is nice man. You subthump box, it looks custom to our trucks, is it?

I bet that theatre amp is bad A$$. I can only imagine. Nice set up. I would go with something a little better I think but right now I am dumping all my cash in my Z28. Just got headers, NOS, RIMS, all sorts of goodies. So right now Amp, Subs, box is all I am really going with for now.

How do you like the Rockford stuff? I use to have a pucnh 400 and 2 punch 12's. Was loud as hell. Wondered how you liked yours? I want a good bass range

That box you have is nice man. You subthump box, it looks custom to our trucks, is it? It is made for certain year trucks, not SS specific, but you can order one with Silverado SS on it I believe. This box is a little different from mine.

txt2.jpg

How do you like the Rockford stuff? I use to have a pucnh 400 and 2 punch 12's. Was loud as hell. Wondered how you liked yours? I want a good bass range I have always been a RF and Alpine man. I've never had anything else in my vehicles. The whole system in my truck is great, very happy with the results.