CASE (craankshaft) Relearn

Bowtie70SS

When using HPtuners and trying to do a crankshaft relearn, what message do you get upon a successful completion of the relearn procedure? At first I was having trouble with the TPS% returning to below 11%, then I fixed the decay and idle aire tables. Now when I rev it to fuel cutoff and it returns to idle the Begin box just says ready again. Does that mean it was successful? Have any of you other guys lowered your fuel cutoff so you don't have to rev it to the moon for the relearn or does that just defeat the purpose of it. Thanks for some answers to a noob tuner's questions.

Dave

It's been many moons since I did a relearn on my SS - fuzzy memory says the fuel cut off automatically at about 4k rpm during the relearn procedure.

One doesn't need to floor it, just give it a good amount of throttle to briskly bring the rpms up and let off as soon as the rpms cut out.

Another fuzzy memory thing - The engine coolant has to be up to temp. Park brake on? (really fuzzy)

EFILive walks through all that so I didn't need to remember... :D

It's been many moons since I did a relearn on my SS - fuzzy memory says the fuel cut off automatically at about 4k rpm during the relearn procedure. 

One doesn't need to floor it, just give it a good amount of throttle to briskly bring the rpms up and let off as soon as the rpms cut out.

Another fuzzy memory thing - The engine coolant has to be up to temp.  Park brake on? (really fuzzy)

EFILive walks through all that so I didn't need to remember...  :D

Pretty much on the mark. Throttle Position has to be below 11%, temp has to be above 160 (I think). Parking brake not necessary. :cool:

Just rev it up to 4K over 2-3 seconds, it'll stumble, left off the gas right then and you're done.