Drop of pressure

Before my trans broke i had 9 psi, after 8 months waiting(transport) i put the flt level 5 under it. Now my pressure dropt to 7.5 psi and i lost .3 in the1\4 mile.

Shortly before the trans broke i hada flowthrough muffler installed.

I am thinking 2 things: 1: my exhaust is so freeflowing (no cats too) that the overlap of the cam let the pressure flow through, is this possible?

2: belt slippage, 8 month sitting made it to hard? i always had some slippage when accelerating.

Before my trans broke i had 9 psi, after 8 months waiting(transport) i put the flt level 5 under it. Now my pressure dropt to 7.5 psi and i lost .3 in the1\4 mile.

Shortly before the trans broke i hada  flowthrough muffler installed.

I am thinking 2 things: 1: my exhaust is so freeflowing (no cats too) that the overlap of the cam let the pressure flow through, is this possible?

2: belt slippage, 8 month sitting made it to hard? i always had some slippage when accelerating.

Don't know for sure, bud, but after my truck sat that long I had to buy new accessory belts (as they were both slipping and shrieking like made). Try some belt dressing?

A custon Comp grind .640 lift int and exh 227 duration @ .050 115.0 lobe seperation. It idles pretty smooth, although I don't have my tune perfect yet I'm still working on it. My truck still does the cruise control thing a little, but returns to idle when I stop. Sorry to jack your thread Chiel. Later

Dave

A custon Comp grind .640 lift int and exh 227 duration @ .050  115.0 lobe seperation. It idles pretty smooth, although I don't have my tune perfect yet I'm still working on it. My truck still does the cruise control thing a little, but returns to idle when I stop. Sorry to jack your thread Chiel. Later

Dave

yeah, my truck has a little bit of the cruise control thing going on as well, i'm gonna have to look into that. i dont' drive it enough for it to irritate me though.

also, sorry for the hijack. :D