1 bar, 2 bar, 3 bar???

popeye55

I have an old LS1 edit cable that may allow you to do just that - should work.  LS1 edit never used the ALDL connector.  You hooked straight to the PCM.  I just moved my household, so it would take a little while to find it, but I should be able to if you're interested.

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. I don't think that would work with me wanting to install an EFI Live OS though.

I think all that I need to do is pull a few of the fuses like radio, ignition, etc to isolate it. Same fuses that handhelds told you to pull when they first came out.

Justin

The cable is custom made - not a LS1 edit cable. It was however, the only way you could write to the PCM using LS1 edit. How you push it shouldn't make any diff as long as it is touching the same PCM.

You would use the same cable, but where it connects to the ALDL, it would have a connector that goes straight to the PCM, with separate power hookups that go directly to the battery. I'd have to look at it, but at least 95% sure it would work.

The cable is custom made - not a LS1 edit cable.  It was however, the only way you could write to the PCM using LS1 edit.  How you push it shouldn't make any diff as long as it is touching the same PCM. 

You would use the same cable, but where it connects to the ALDL, it would have a connector that goes straight to the PCM, with separate power hookups that go directly to the battery.  I'd have to look at it, but at least 95% sure it would work.

Hmmm, sounds like it's worth a shot then :)