Damn updates

zippy

Well thanks to a recent Windows update at work I can hardly do any playing on here during the day until the next update that fixes my problem. The latest IE update keeps making the system run an error every time I go a page or two into the SSS forum. Basicly if you don't see me on much lately it's because I can't seem to get on much at work with the error's and haven't had much time after work. Sorry guys.

OK Zippy, I am going to past in a quote from Microsoft. Follow the link to KB923762 and this should help.

CD

"This alert is to notify you that Microsoft has updated the caveats section of security bulletin MS06-042 on 15 August 2006.

For some Internet Explorer 6.0 Service Pack 1 users, Internet Explorer may exit unexpectedly while attempting to access Web Sites using both the HTTP 1.1 protocol and compression. A hotfix and workaround for this issue is available, please see Knowledge Base Article 923762 for more information. A new version of KB918899 is currently in development and will be released to all Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 customers on the Download Center and Windows Update by August 22nd, 2006.

Customers not experiencing the issue described above are recommended to continue deploying MS06-042 in their environments to receive protection from the vulnerabilities documented in the Security Bulletin. The hot fix will be included in future Cumulative Security Updates for Internet Explorer 6.0 Service Pack 1.

Customers using any other version of Internet Explorer other than Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 on any Windows version, will not be affected by this release and need take no action."

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923762/